1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Durant becomes the scoring champ this year...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Outlier, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Outlier

Outlier Member

Will he be the youngest ever? Just wonderin...

He's very very close.

btw, he needs to cut down on his turnovers.

2. RoxTurk

RoxTurk Member

If Thunders makes playoffs this year, he should win the MVP, no doubt.

This guy is amazing. Everyone talks about Lebron James being the next MJ and I agree a bit, but I think Durant will be very close to LBJ, probably better than Kobe if injuries wont make him suffer.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'm a big fan of his and the scoring title doesn't mean anything. I want the Thunder to experience a playoff series so they can get a taste of the next level. It would be good for their long-term development.

KD doesn't fit the mold of MJ or LeBron or Kobe. He is his own player. If you think he's effective on offense now, just wait until he gains 5-10 lbs and dusts off his long lost post game.

4. zoork34

zoork34 Contributing Member

According to Bill Simmons, he'll be the youngest by 2 years :eek:

5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Fixed for you.

6. HoustonRockets

Durant will become one of the best, but T-Mac his role model will always be better :)

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

durant has taken over as my favorite player.

and if anyone could post the link in this thread for pre season playoff prediction thread i would appreciate it.

im pretty sure its in that thread that i said the thunder would make the playoffs and i was shot down pretty hard.

8. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

His game isn't nearly as well rounded as MJ's or Lebron's. The scoring is there for sure, but he trails those guys by a fair to large margin in most other categories.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Let's discuss again in 5-6 years. MJ wasn't "well rounded" as a 21 year-old either and look what happened. And KD doesn't have to even be another MJ; he's a totally different type of player.

You know a player is on the right track when he's only 21 and someone says he trails MJ and LeBron by a fair margin in other categories besides scoring. LOL! Everyone knows what "faint praise" is and what it's meant to do. Unintentionally, you did the exact opposite to KD.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

To be honest the only one comparable to MJ was Wade and Kobe.

I don't think there's any single player out there who resembles LBJ's game. Ditto for Durant. That's why they're gonna be the top 2 players in history when all is said and done.

11. RocketMania1991

Top 2 players in NBA history :confused:

That seems highly unlikely

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Big statement there with LeBron not having won any championships and with KD still developing at 21 years-old. I think both guys have the talent (and KD has the drive) to make this possible. But it isn't likely.

13. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I think he can pull it off, and if he does, he would win it at only 21yrs of age.....

PS. Its only a matter of time till he take the crown from LBJ... :cool:

--RB

14. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

It's still amazing that Portland passed this kid up for a 7 ft center that got worked over by Carl Landry in college.

15. BuckeyeRocketFan

BuckeyeRocketFan Contributing Member

In my opinion, Jordan isn't even the best player in NBA history and neither of these guys have a shot either. Wilt Chamberlain is the best ever. He just toyed with the league when he was in it.

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

For a guy who toyed with the league, he lost a surprisingly high percentage of important playoff games.

17. number22

number22 Member

This :cool:

18. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Wilt had basically NO competition back then..

But the Cavs are likely to have the best record. Plus Lebron is averaging 29 7 8.. which is crazy.. and more than Durant does. No way Kevin wins MVP this year.

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

For the sake of discussion,

Considering the Cavs injury situation, them still having the best record in the NBA and with LeBron's amazing stats, somebody make a legit argument for another player being MVP to date. Don't post something weak just to reply, give me a truly legit argument that sane people might agree with.

IMO, you can't. LeBron is the runaway winner so far this season. Kobe is great but you put him on the Cavs and ain't no way they are still 40-11. Yes, I said 40-11! The Lakers are only 38-13 and lost to the Cavs twice. PJ coaches the Lakers. Who coaches the Cavs? Mike Brown?! Things can change over the last 30 games, but if the MVP vote was taken now it should be nearly unanimous.

KD, Melo, Wade, Chauncey, Dirk blah blah blah aren't even in the conversation. It starts and ends with LeBron.

20. bigballerj

bigballerj Member

Durant was picked 1st. I'm pretty sure they would pick KD if OKC picked Oden.