1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Caron Butler was playing...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Liberon, May 26, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

This guy does a good impersonation of 'Ron Artest' from a few years ago and goes on a bricking streak with disregard to the game plan if he's in panic mode. You guys think the Mav's would have been worst off if they had this guy on the court? I think so, he takes away from Dirk's shot and really doesn't fit their team.

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

no one has ever taken away from dirk. not stackhouse, not terry, not peja. it wouldn't be a problem

3. aaaa

aaaa Member

If he was playing, we wouldn't see Deshawn Stevenson, which is a good thing for the Mavs.

4. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

The Mavs would probably be even better. I think Caron would start, and Marion off the bench. That's just sick.

5. avb

avb Member

Caron would be taking Deshawn Stevenson's minutes. I see nothing but positives.

6. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Mavs defense would be better and he has the experience from his time in Wizards to guard Lebron.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Mavs would have finished as the #1 seed and best record in the NBA. They would have been the consensus favorite to win it all. They would have beaten New Orleans in the opening round (since MEM would not have tanked), OKC in the 2nd round and [whatever team] in the WCFs.

8. blackistan

blackistan Member

If anything they need him against the heat

9. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Wasn't he trying to come back in the 2nd round, then the team announced he was out for the remainder of the playoffs? I wonder if that includes the NBA Finals? If he thinks he can be productive off the bench, I would let him get a chance to play on the biggest stage in basketball.