1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Bolton testimony is blocked, our democracy has ended.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Jayzers_100, Jan 27, 2020.

1. havoc1

havoc1 Member

You realize that a couple of republican senators have basically agreed that what the “Dems” say happened actually did happen but they don’t feel it rises to the level of impeachment, right?

It is obvious what Trump did and why he did it. There have been multiple witnesses that have attested to it and several that aren’t being allowed or refused to testify. Bolton’s book confirms what the “Dems” are saying. The problem with getting iron clad documentary proof is that Trump is blocking all attempts to do so.

Arguing that Trump didn’t do it or that there is no evidence for it is either disingenuous or is born out of plain ignorance. And at this point is getting embarrassing.

RayRay10 and Jayzers_100 like this.
  2. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Trump was even quoted as such in Davos.

havoc1 likes this.
  3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Every single witness the Dems subpoenaed got to testify (Bolton's subpoena was removed). It was Trump who got to call zero witnesses.

Trump can ignore Congress, he can't ignore the courts. The same goes for you and me if we are on trial. Only the judicial branch has the authority to compel testimony. The Dems chose not to go to court (because they would of lost).

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Article with all the people subpoenaed...

All of the people who have been subpoenaed so far in House Democrats' impeachment inquiry
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ent-trump-who-has-been-subpoenaed/3912226002/

Of that list of nine, how many appeared? Two (Yovanovitch and Sondland)?

And trump himself?

Trump’s fight against subpoenas reaches Supreme Court
    https://www.rollcall.com/news/whitehouse/trumps-fight-subpoenas-reaches-supreme-court

Mueller Explains Why He Didn’t Subpoena Trump
    https://www.usnews.com/news/nationa...r-explains-why-he-didnt-subpoena-donald-trump

trump instead was able to present a written statement, with most of the questions left unanswered.

peleincubus likes this.
  5. havoc1

havoc1 Member

Wow... this is the embarrassing part I was talking about. How can you say all the witnesses that they called got to testify when they subpoenaed kupperman and he sued them. Then Bolton told them he would do the same.

The fact that you don’t think the executive branch has to obey lawful subpoenas from the legislative branch shows me that you aren’t being sincere or you simply don’t know what you are talking about. The judicial branch shouldn’t have to get involved. But of course Trump’s entire strategy in life is to take everything to court to get what he wants, so of course that’s what he wants to do. And the democrats most certainly wouldn’t have lost.

And all of this ignores the point that Trump tried to extort a foreign country to announce investigations into a political rival. Argue the process all you want but that has been shown to be true and all but two republican senators have chosen to do nothing about it.

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Because They dropped those subpoenas..... this really isn't hard. The house said they don't want to contest ( they would of lost)

They have to obey a lawful subpoena if the judicial branch saws so. That's literally how it works for everyone in the country. You seem to think that Congress can demand anything from the Executive branch (or anyone) and the executive branch as no way to challenge. In the real world, everyone can challenge any summons from anyone and the courts decide on that challenge.

Oh the Biden's are obviously guilty as hell. Thus why hes getting destroyed in the polls recently. Wanting to know the extent of that corruption is reasonable. BTW, since this seems to be such a big concern for you, where are you on the Obama administration illegally wiretapping Trumps campaign and an innocent man?

#266 tallanvor, Feb 3, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
  7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bidens are guilty of what? Obama administration didn't wiretap anyone legally or illegally.

8. havoc1

havoc1 Member

Ok I’m done with this. I don’t want to argue about something that is so obvious.

And you really brought up Obama? Wow. You guys lost the 2008 and 2012 elections, get over it. (Am I doing this right?)

RayRay10, jiggyfly, DaDakota and 2 others like this.
  9. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

You must’ve been asleep the past week or so lol. Everyone has confirmed there was a quid pro quo. Republicans have acknowledged it. The new defense is that he did it but it was okay

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They should all be tried as traitors.

DD

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How many times can we say

Don't be a stupid person.

DD

12. mick fry

mick fry Member

Thank you CNN.

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Pot meet kettle.

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the thing I love most about Clutchfans is your substantive contributions.

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

We all know, you keep saying it.

16. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I am talking about facts. I wish I could say the same for CNN.

17. mick fry

mick fry Member

But don’t you see the disconnect when you say what did Biden do wrong and Trump did do wrong? How about we agree they both did wrong?

18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

If they both did the same thing they would both have been wrong. Biden may well have done something wrong.

I haven't seen it presented.

I can clearly state what Trump did wrong. Trump tied congfessinally approved funds being release for an exchange from Ukraine in a way to help him personally.

I didn't see that Biden did that. If he did, then point it out and I will jump on board in labeling Biden corrupt and holding him accountable.