1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If American imperialist policies are to blame...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Why aren't Aboriginals blowing up Australians?

Why aren't Indians blowing up the British?

Half the world were exploited under commonwealth rule, and the other half have been affected by some imperialist rulers over the centuries.

Yet, only the moderate muslims of 2016 use that to justify and ignore extremism, despite the fact they have been warring and killing each other long before American intervention.

"You can't really blame them"

"They were provoked - don't draw cartoons".

This state of denial and "it's not so bad" is a real problem - we're dealing with a broad scope narrative that is exclusive to muslims.

If you've got any cajones left in you whatsoever - and judging by your love lives I know it's a lot too ask for - stand up and start pressuring moderates to take accountability. Get aggressive if you have to - the future of your kids depends on it.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

cajones
    Spanish for "drawers" (as in, the kind in a dresser or desk). This word is often confused by non-Spanish speakers with cojones (note the different vowel sound), which is Spanish slang for balls, but they are in fact two very different words.

3. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

[youtube]pSPvnFDDQHk[/youtube]

Credit to whoever posted it as well as Raheel Raza (President of Muslims Tomorrow) - a moderate who isn't afraid to talk about what others won't.

And kill those who try to.

4. Exiled

Exiled Member

[​IMG]

this is a REAL picture of former Iranian Queen : Fajar Nasraldain,

as you can tell, she has more cojones than most of us

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Did you really just say there hasn't been anti-imperialist violence in the world until now?

6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

worthless thread derailment, nice job.

full paragraph but laser focus on one word. PC maggots are weird.

7. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I'm a Muslim and have many Muslim friends. No one I know is blaming American imperialism for the **** coming out of the Middle East. But please don't let me rain on your parade.

1 person likes this.
  8. Exiled

Exiled Member

for me ,i see it quite informative

9. Exiled

Exiled Member

10. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

They did.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_frontier_wars

They did.

http://www.archive.india.gov.in/knowindia/culture_heritage.php?id=4

Yes, and most of them have ended up having to fight against the natives of the colonized areas.

As had the Pakistanis and Indians before the British took over. War and killing has been SOP throughout the world for all of human history.

Nobody says this. You can't blame the moderate Muslims for the actions of extremists any more than you can blame your average Christian for the actions of the Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood shooter.

Do you have anything that isn't a straw man?

You would look at it differently if it were Muslims doing things that are insulting to the Christian religion specifically to provoke violence from Christians, but that is the result of your twisted worldview.

No, it isn't "exclusive," there are nutjobs of all religions as well as of no religion. See the aforementioned PP shooter.

Haven't you claimed to be Hispanic or somehow able to relate to Hispanics in the past? Seems to me that the spelling of this word would be something such a person would be aware of.

ROFL. As if you know anything about the love lives of anyone else on this board. Your desperation is absolutely hilarious and this statement speaks to you projecting based on your shortcomings regarding personal relationships. Its OK, someone willing to ignore your idiocy and take you to bed without charging you will eventually come along.

They do, you ignore them.

Yes, if there is one thing we need it is more aggression.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

2 people like this.
  11. davo

davo Contributing Member

With all due respect, I don't think your sample space is accurate. American Imperialism,or perhaps more broadly, American foreign intervention has been blamed one way or another, for a very high proportion of Islamic/middle eastern-related terrorism. At least as I recall.

1 person likes this.
  12. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

It's British Imperialism in Egypt that started this, but it wasn't oppressive tactics by the British - it was their wealth. Hassan al-Banna was motivated by the contrast in wealth, between the Egyptians and the British, to start his organization, the Muslim Brotherhood.

That same motivation is what lead Qutb to label America as primitive and pagan. Qutb took his strategy one step further than the rest of the Brotherhood. He sought to label as apostates those Muslims (and Muslim nations) who worked within the American system or cooperated in any way with America.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I love how the OP neglects to mention that we literally trained the fighters who formed Al Qaeda to fight against the Russians.

1 person likes this.
  14. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

I love how you make this claim with absolutely no evidence presented to backup your point. Is that your signature move?

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7DRbLZnMh6A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    So was that angry mob attacking him because of western foreign policy? or was it because of colonization? or Islamophobia? or drone strikes? or refugees? or racism? cause it looked like it was about ISLAM to me.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG]

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

We've never seen global terrorism at this level before. These are all false equivalences.

Islamic terrorism has effected pretty much every Western state, half of Africa, the entire Middle East, South and South East Asia.

Name me an anti-imperialistic insurgency that was at this scale.

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Hamed is amazing. So intelligent, courageous and briliant.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Google is your friend. Use it sometime.

But since I understand the internet is hard for you to get info from outside of right-wing blogs - I will help you

Here's an article written before 9/11 in 1999 in fact:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/1999/jan/17/yemen.islam

You can live in denial all you want. But much of the bomb making skills that these terrorists use against us was learned from....us.

#19 Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 23, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The world would have been better off if we were imperialistic and kept our winnings from the wars.

DD