1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If all fails this yr.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DwangBoy, Apr 22, 2008.

1. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Let's hope that RA and Morey, which I think they've shown they are doing, learn from the Rockets' last 2 yrs of shortcomings and realize... you need a team to win.. a team with ALL well-rounded individuals. Not short shooters, shooters only, shot-blockers only, short good defenders, etc. etc.. referring to BJax, luther, dikembe, and chuck hayes...

I can't really blame the rookies.. Aaron is playing as well as any rookie would.. Landry needs to calm his nerves and get substantial minutes next season.

And w/o Yao... well, this team is still amazing me.. Tmac, WOW! played his heart out tonight and ppl call him a quitter.. true, sometimes he chokes... but if he had a great team around him.. we'd be blowing these Jazz out. It's a lot of pressure when you have to perform at a high level ALL GAme.. and at the end, it gets extremely tiring.

What we need, as far as I can see, is for Yao to come back strong and not overplayed in the next season, tmac to not be completely disheartened... battier to stay.. landry and brooks developed.. but most importantly... we need a smart, level-headed point guard. I don't think rafer is this.. we need a tony parker, chris paul, deron williams type player.. derick rose would be nice... if we had a high pick..

After that...we need players who can rebound and are competent on offense.

Scola is a great player, but after he starts his offensive moves.. boy is he blind. hayes is a defensive asset for the other team, as well as dikembe.. with today's west.. your team needs to be stacked.. top to bottom.. and with only TMAC.. we should be commending him on a job well done..

Try to get an elton brand and you're good to go.. I believe Aaron brooks can hold the PG if we have a good core big men defense that can play competent offense. AB is quick enough to cover up his mistakes.

Anyhow, here's to hoping, thought i love them, that luther and hayes are not in the rotation come playoff time next yr. bobby jackson... eh?? maybe as insurance..

we need a team of well-rounded players... and i hope morey understands this and goes out to get some PF and SG talent...

a mike miller type player and a elton brand... and we're great... not enough money?? well, sign someone like michael finley or a kurt thomas type guy... we need smart, well-rounded players...

so far, all we have is one-dimension..

2. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

THere are positives:-
    No longer can we kid ourselves about our team and how great they are!
    Morey can't get away with anything till he puts things right.
    Coach A can't get away with such poor coaching and player rotation
    We might even learn that the game of Basketball is not for midgets.
    We might even learn that today's game is faster stronger and bigger and is played with agression and skill.
    We might learn that Jump Shooting must not dominate a teams effort in any game.
    We might even learn that Tracy McGrady doesn't have great stamina and isnt the same anymore since his back injury.
    Les will be held accountable till we have a great agressive team on the court.
    Fans will learn to deal with reality and not to be duped by the Media.
    The Team might learn that while we play the bigman's game we need a playmaker.
    Everyone from Les down can once again be business like and no player is untouchable if it is to benifit the team.
    The Team might learn that the quick fix patch up player selection will not work, just like the 'Win Now Scenario' - doomed to failure. It takes two or three seasons to put a good competitive team together.
    Hurry back Rafer we need you on the court! Of course if you don't come back then we have our excuses already etched in stone. :p