1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

IE 6.0

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Johnny Rocket, Aug 28, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket Contributing Member

Hey I upgraded to IE 6.0 yesterday. I havent noticed any major changes.

Does anybody have any thoughts on IE 6.0?

I like the new Image options menu on pictures and the way it includes Media Player 7.0 (which is a big upgrade from 6.4).

Most of the changes were useless.

I cant wait for XP

2. coma

coma Contributing Member

Johny Rocket..

The biggest additions to IE 6.0 is the removal of Smart Tags, which turns words on a given web site to links with more detailed information. The problem consumer groups had with that was the sites that it was linking to was pretty much Microsoft-biased. Also, they added automatic picture resizing, integrated media playback, and support for the personal privacy standard, P3P (the Platform for Privacy Preferences), which (among other things) blocks third party cookies.

Microsoft says they are more focused than ever on network security, but also are concerned about home security. But as we all know, or at least the ppl responsible for network security, Microsoft and their lack of security, is what gives us job security just about every week. Sometimes, 3 to 4 times a week.

Let us know how IE 6.0 works out for ya.

PS. XP? Ewwww. I look for your post on how you had to format your wkstn and install Win2000. ;)

3. Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket Contributing Member

I was talking to a couple of friends about XP and they said it was a B!tch to install but that it's pretty nice once you get it working.

When I get my new computer completly up and running I'll install it on my old one to test it for a while but from what I have seen it looks nice.

4. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member