1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Identifying posting style of regular posters

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CRC, Sep 13, 2003.

Tags:
  1. CRC

CRC Member

OK, while I was bored & looking at the past threads, I kinda playing a little game with myself trying to identify a member's post without looking at their moniker... & it's obvious that some of the posters have developed a very recognizable posting style that you can identify without looking at their names/signature details.

Just thought it might be interesting to list some of them here & perhaps we could play a little game by randomly posting a quote from a particular member & guessing who wrote them later on...

Ok, so let me identify & start a few simple ones first:

Trader_Jorge:
    "CASE CLOSED" "OWNED" "EXPOSED" - a post contains any of these words is very likely belongs to our very sexy T_J.

GrEgOnOmIcS:
    "STOP POSTING" - another easy one, from our voluntaring bbs police officer.

MacBeth:
    - Any post with original writing over 1000 words I'll assume it's one of the masterpiece from our very own script writer - MacBeth.

heypartner (over the past month):
    -Any post challenging/motivating members to post in the GARM I'll say I'm almost 100% sure it's from our bbs guru (with #1 post count), the chairman of the bbs fan council - heypartner.

Sir Jackie Chiles:
    - Posts containing sarcasm with a side-effect of derailing a thread & followup by a :D - that's usually SJC.

A-Train:
    - Similar sarcasm to that of SJC but a little more volatile, explosive & don't mind self-humiliation... oh, & never shy in displaying his displeasure towards NBA teams or players.

Ok, now you guys can takeover from here... :D

#1 CRC, Sep 13, 2003
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2003
  2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

This thread is not appropriate! Please do not make fun of your fellow posters or use derogatory language! Admins please remove this thread!

3. codell

codell Contributing Member

Sasquatch

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I feel honored to be included in this list and to be described as similar to A-Train - one of my favorite posters, together with B-Bob. The next funniest poster will probably be someone with a name like C-Jet or something like that, by the way.

5. CRC

CRC Member

Moe, sorry if this thread makes you a little uncomfortable. The purpose of this thread is simply trying to have some fun & perhaps letting some of the regular posters know how others perceive about them... if anyone post anything serious here, I would tend to think they are constructive instead of derogatory comments.

Anyway, if the mods feel it's inappropriate, feel free to delete the thread.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You need to turn on your sarcasm detector.
    It's that switch on the left.

;)

7. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

or to put it in easy to understand language..

he is adopting a poster's style...can you guess who?

8. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Yetti?

9. CRC

CRC Member

:D :D :D

Man, you guys are funny!

p.s. Clutch broke my sarcasm detector a few days ago & I'm trying to fix it right now. ;)

#9 CRC, Sep 14, 2003
  10. no_answer

no_answer Member

moestavern19 - angry feminine poster :D

11. CRC

CRC Member

Ok, let me add a few more:

Yetti:
    "JVG is going to change the way Francis and Mobley play, also Francis wont be running the Team JVG will!" - I swear I have heard this quote about zillion times from this guy. Hope he is right though.

RIET:
    - Another sarcasm expert. his posts are often short & witty (when he plays the sarcasm game) & you won't see a :D from him at the end of his posts. p.s. Yetti vs RIET is one of my favorite show on GARM, but hasn't seen much lately.

Friendly Fan:
    - Although he's relatively new here, but man, this guy is probably the best thread/post COMMENTATOR on Clutch BBS right now (if you know what I'm talking about)! Oh, & you can easily spot his posts in all the forums & with extremely high visibility. If I'm the one giving out prizes I'll definitely give this guy the "Best COMMENTATOR Award" & the "Best SELF-PROMOTION Award". He is good!

:D

#11 CRC, Sep 14, 2003
  12. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

YEtti

13. CRC

CRC Member

man, you are good! :D

14. CRC

CRC Member

Try & guess who posted the following & where (owners of these quotes please don't respond & ruin the party):

a)
    "Oh, come on. Guys get hit on all the time these days. If you don't see it, you're either not looking, or you aren't going where it happens ( ie outside your front door ).¡¨

b)
    ¡§Everyone on here posts their pic after they sign up. Its a tradition. Thats the reason why people are giving you a hard time. Post your pic and you will find that everyone will be much nicer to you. Clutch puts everyones pic in the BBS photo album.¡¨

c)
    ¡§LOL, you of all people are going to tell me to chill out? Sorry, but I won't "chill" out, especially after you telling me to.¡¨

15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

c) could be Manny.

16. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

A is MacBeth. B I don't remember who it came from, but it's in one of Flying Dragon's threads. C, no clue.

17. CRC

CRC Member

damn, I thought these are not beginner questions...

Man, you guys are good!

SJC is right with c)

Anti is right with a)

ok, one left... :D

18. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

the rH style... start and end your post with the [ IMG ] tags!

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I was actually going to post that! :)

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Might be Mr. Mooch or imadrummer_2K? That one is kind of difficult, though.