1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'd probably vote for a libertarian candidate (3rd party), is there a good candidate?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by txppratt, Mar 10, 2013.

1. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

i'm tired of the bullsh!t, how do we get a third party candidate in the white house? these guys seem to all serve the same masters.

1 person likes this.
  2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Won't happen. Give it up. Best thing you can do is stop voting at all and work on yourself. Read Albert Jay Nock and Frank Chodorov, which will lead you to others.

3. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Thank Ross Perot's paranoia and Jesse Ventura's signing book and XFL deals in the wake of a constitutional crisis. McCain (or even Lieberman) could have probably shaken things up in 2000 or even '04 as well. Aqua Buddha might want to hit the statehouse after a couple of re-elections and then get into a primary.

If you're genuinely concerned about certain issues, just cut those PACs a check, read their journals and research, and use their voting guides every November. If not, than you should probably just do P90X.

4. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

I'd love to see a viable 3rd party candidate. I always vote for 3rd parties when I have the option. Unfortunately, in terms of bull****, libertarianism is pretty deep in the **** pile, even worse because it pretends to be "rational". Still, I'd much rather vote Libertarian than Democrat or Republican - just to see more options in politics.

5. Nextup

Nextup Member

It is much worst then that. It doesn't matter who is in office what matters is the system in place. We all serve the same master and that master is capitalism.
    Its all in the name. Think about it capitalism? What's the goal to capitalize,take advantage of, and most importantly dominate. Nobody wants to admit it but capitalism is destroying the entire world economically and socially.

6. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Tell Obama to reinstate the White House tours.

1 person likes this.
  7. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

North Korean ?

1 person likes this.
  8. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

As opposed to tenant farming and hereditary feudalism? Sweet Chocolate Christ, didn't anybody else have a library card or a ******* encyclopedia set in their house growing up?

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

10. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

short answer? no

11. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

It's not like the only possible options we have are things that have already failed.

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

You are a brilliant man, and I am a sarcastic poster.

13. Nextup

Nextup Member

Lol I'm the bad guy because I don't agree with a system that has been oppressing the entire world?

14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Here's what the strategy should be in order of preference:

1) Vote for extreme right or extreme left.
    2) Don't vote at all.
    3) If you must vote for the D+R system, make sure you vote for the worst candidate, the one who is most likely to push people away from voting for their party ever again.

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I love it! The alternative to capitalism is tenant farming and hereditary feudalism!! hahaha

16. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Oh. So capitalism is what causes the impetus for humans to take advantage of and dominate others. Really.

17. Nextup

Nextup Member

Capitalism is built to destroy us. The governments goal is too capitalize and take advantage of the people. Capitalism causes confrontation locally and war globally. Keep defending the violence, keep defending the fact that the USA is constantly at war, keep defending the fact that the top 1% has more of the money then ever and most importantly enjoy the fact that big business, the government and the top 1% will continue to capitalize on all of us.

18. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

I voted for Gary Johnson and Judge Jim Grey on the Libertarian ticket in 2012. Though the LP platform has some bat**** crazy stuff in it, Johnson and Grey are principled politicians who I think would have been a damn sight better than most of the idiots in Washington. Plus, both are huge advocates (and have been for over a decade) for getting rid of the single most wasteful and ineffective policy in our nation's history: the War on Drugs.

19. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Capitalism is the engine that has driven the biggest, most sustained economic expansion in world history. It needs to be regulated to assure that the gains are more equally distributed than they have been over the last 15 years or so, but capitalism is hardly "built to destroy us."

20. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Go ahead; throw your vote away!

[​IMG]