1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Want To Give BOB Credit But...

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Cstyle42, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

All that matters is what happens in the playoffs.

Before this season began lots of people had the Texans going 8-8 or worst. People had the Texans not even winning the division. BOB did what was necessary as a GM to patch most of these holes the Texans have and as a coach he's back in the playoffs starting with a wildcard game at home with a chance once again to redeem himself and this franchise. At this point the position we are in is all anyone can ask for so I do give him credit for that.

Saying all that we must at minimum make it to the AFC Championship game. If that happens BOB will be here another 10 years lol. I hope BOB digs as deep into creativity as he can with his own playbook. He needs to be successful because it will go a long way with how the younger players on this team believe in him and where this franchise can possibly go. If we choke here... we are in serious trouble.

Uprising likes this.
  2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Win the Superbowl, fire the head coach.

3. Nook

Nook Member

Meh....

The Texans finished 10-6 and that was after mortgaging top future draft picks.

BOB really, really needs to beat Buffalo. If he does that, then he can claim the needle is pointing up.

A loss to Buffalo and a lot of questions will be asked.

Rudyc281, BigM, Gray_Jay and 4 others like this.
  4. Agent94

Agent94 Member

The Texans played 8 backup quarterbacks and had a -7 point differential. I don't expect this team to go anywhere in the playoffs.

red5rocket and Nook like this.
  5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I dont think we are ever gonna win anything with BoB, but a trip to afc championship is a solid bar to aim for.

TejasTom likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

a loss to buffalo definitely deserves him being gone. the texans would just be at the point, not sure how anyone would say otherwise

him winning vs buff, then being at least competitive vs baltimore leaves room for some kind of discussion if he's still the coach for houston moving forward

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

A trip to the AFC Championship this year, is not that much different than a trip to the Super Bowl, IMHO. Baltimore is the class of the AFC, and probably the NFL. Anyone disagree? And the Texans likely meet them in the divisional round. I guess Tennessee can beat New England in Foxborough. Maybe Lamar Jackson snaps his leg in the Titans game then, God forbid?

I had this team at 6-10, before the season, so they've considerably exceeded my expectations, at the cost of BoB burning a lot of draft capital to do so. He's not going anywhere, whatever happens this playoff season.

It's the playoffs. Anything can happen. Why not hope for the best? Go Texans!

8. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Texans would have to get destroyed by Buffalo for there to be a shot BOB gets fired.

No Worries likes this.
  9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

But...but...the Texans started Osweiler. Oh...wait...scratch that.

J.R. likes this.
  10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Misleading.

Only the Panthers and Broncos used backups. Brissett was the starter on Luck retired. Tannehill doesn’t count since he replaced and played better than the starter. Jags’ Minchew also played better than Foles

conquistador#11 likes this.