1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I think there is about to be a tornado outside my house.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Tha_Dude, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Was thinking about leaving but watching it from outside looks pretty neat, the sky has this really nice color to it almost aqua blue. Think I will smoke a J and drink what's left of my shiner bock, maybe watch the storm as it comes by. If you don't hear from me for a few days it means the dude floated away for awhile.

Peace

jae713, RasaqBoi and New Generation like this.
  2. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Was it really that bad anywhere near Houston tonight? You may have imagined it all.

3. Tha_Dude

It's over now but the sky looked really cool. I live in north Montgomery county and we had some severe level **** going on here for a bit. The trees were blowing sideways and the sky had a really beautiful color to it, lots of lightning too which was cool. Also, there wasn't any rain where I was which made it even cooler so we could sit outside and watch it all. Just lots of wind, clouds moving fast and the bright aqua sky. The dude loves a nice storm every now and then.

However, I hope everyone else is ok and no casualties were suffered tonight. I heard emergency sirens going off close to my house for about 10 minutes while some of this was going on. My squad is ok, though.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We had a tornado come right over our old house in Austin in the middle of the night years ago. They really do sound like a freight train. Knocked down a 70 foot plus pecan tree just on my neighbor's side of the fence. It was way back in his backyard. Next morning, the top of the tree was pressed up against the sliding glass doors that faced the back. It was extremely freaky. My significant other was very pregnant at the time. The storm had woken me up and we were in a hallway with a mattress I had grabbed off a guest bed over her when it came right over us.

Imaginary tornadoes can be far more frightening, depending on the circumstances. I've been there, as well. Your's sounds groovy, though.

5. Tha_Dude

It wasn't imaginary at all, though it didn't hit us directly so I'm thankful for that. We had some bad **** going on here tonight in north Houston. Some hail, lots of lightning, good winds and tornado warnings all over our NCAA broadcasts.

6. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I'm in Laporte. It was pretty damn bad for a little while there

Tha_Dude likes this.
  7. Tha_Dude

Did you dudes get any hail?

8. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Ya it was so loud I couldn't hear the episode of trailer park boys

9. Tha_Dude

Hey Julian, the only difference between me and you is a couple of drinks.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Hope no one was hurt. It's weird, but I've seen 3 tornadoes, not counting the one that went over the house, and several waterspouts, one while on a boat out in the bay. They get your attention. The first twister I saw was off to the right while driving up to Oklahoma, where my late grandfather lived at the time. It just came out of a hairy black cloud and seemed to be going the same direction we were. Hard to tell. The car didn't have seatbelts (none did back then), and being in the back, I leaned over and looked at the speedometer. It only went up to a hundred. Dad had that sucker pegged past it. We were flying. It was exciting, to tell the truth.

Tha_Dude likes this.
  11. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

OPEN LIQUOR!!!!!

12. jae713

jae713 Member

I didn't get a cool view, just an exploding transformer two houses down. Now that I think about it, it was a pretty cool view.

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I live near Montgomery. We had a number of storm and tornado alerts during the game, but other than a bit of wind, a few thunder claps and a brief bit of hail no worries. Tha Dude must live north or west of me since it seemed worse nearer Waller.