1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I prefer This Less Efficient Harden to the Old One

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jevjnd, Nov 13, 2014.

?

Which Harden do you prefer?

1. I'm okay with lower field goal percentage Harden.

82 vote(s)
    79.6%
  2. We need to preserve Harden on the defensive end.

21 vote(s)
    20.4%
  1. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

He's played so well that i haven't really noticed he's struggling with his shot. He's just a better all around player this year. not just a scorer

2. Zergling

Zergling Member

I wish he'd cut down on the forced threes he's attempted the past two games (though granted I'm only complaining since he's missing the shots). That's literally my only gripe with him right now.

Harden should be complimented for his durability too. That ankle roll he had today would have sidelined some more brittle players.

3. jman7373

jman7373 Member

I am ok with this Harden because we are winning. However, he is on my fantasy team and killing my field goal percentage.

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

He has missed way too many bunnies at the rims. That and some poor 3 point chucks.

He should be fine once he gets the right roll. At least I hope so.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Harden's scoring is literally the last thing I'm worried about with the Rockets.

6. chandlerbang21

this " efficient" crap is garbage. He gets this tag just because he forces layup and takes long distance 3pt shots. Problem is he isnt making them so how can he be labeled "efficient"?

7. chandlerbang21

how do you not notice a player shooting 1/10 from the 3pt line ???

8. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

Correlation doesn't demonstrate causation.

Yes his defense has vastly improved, but you can't just blame that on his offensive slump. It's November, and he usually heats up later in the season. Besides, you have to include how much better he's been making the players around him. That's what makes a superstar.

And I can't stand swyguy trolling with the Parsons stat. I'm going to buy you a Parsons Mav jersey for Christmas "brah".

9. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

His jumpshot is just off. He's still efficient driving to the rim, but his jumper is well below his standards.

He's shooting 33% on Catch and Shoot opportunities and 38% on pullups.

Hell his stats when open is also paltry. 33% when he's open with 4-6 feet and 22% open with 6+ feet

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I remember his shooting was bad at one stretch last season. And he wasn't playing good defense. So there is no reason to believe that his shooting has anything to do with his defensive effort.

He does look like he is more intent on setting up his teammates and much less ISO hero ball.

(It gave me flash back last night when he passed the ball to Howard on the perimeter with 3 seconds left on the clock. But Howard hit the improbable shot and we were up by a bunch. So I forgave him.)

11. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I'm confident Harden will be just fine this season. It is Mid-November and he is in a shooting slump. His FG% will go up to right around 44% by seasons end........lets just hope that his D continues to stay decent.

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

He just wants the team to learn how to win with him playing like Portland-series Harden. ;)

13. seeingred

seeingred Member

For sure i'd rather have a guy playing "very well" on both sides of the ball than dominating on one and crippling us on the other. As far as Harden's conditioning, i was yelling at my tv screen in the 4th telling McHale to take Harden out when Collins speculated that McHale is trying to raise their stamina.

I'd honestly never considered that argument. To start the season, i can see leaving these guys in to get their wind.

But i suspect when we get to February and Harden is averaging 38 mins/game for the 3rd season in a row, i will resume screaming at the television. To win a title you have to play between 98 and 110 games. Harden is now putting out effort on both sides of the floor. His minutes have to be managed or we will run the tread off this guy.

14. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

It's great to see Harden learning from Lebron

15. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

we're only 8 games into the season. relax people lol harden hasn't been playing that much less efficient. he cruises more against easier teams, which is expected. we don't want him going 110% all the time, thats how injuries happen.

16. PhiSlammaJamma

Stealth Harden.

17. NotChandlerParsons

He's been doing better at the line to make up for it so far. I think it will even out to about last season though.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Because you do not understand statistics, efficiency or true shooting percentage.

19. 2016Champions

2016Champions Member

His efficiency will probably go back up as the season goes on. 8 games is a small sample size.