1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I hope this is how T-mac's rehabbing now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by theREALDEALkid, Jun 23, 2008.

1. theREALDEALkid

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/70H20uE8Gco&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/70H20uE8Gco&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

he seems very dedicated, and even said this is the start to the "championship season"...of course this is last year tho...but i hope he's even more determined now...sorry if old

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

he came into the best shape of his career last season. he was scoring at will earlier on in the season. then he got injured.

he trains fine. just avoid injuries DURING the season and rocket fans will be thankful.

3. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

agreed. he just gotta be healthly, that is all

4. theREALDEALkid

I kno, t think a healthy Tracy McGrady is a Top 5 player in the league, if we could just get a wing to acompany he and Yao...our team would be a high contender without a doubt

5. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

The part from :50 to about :57 makes me cringe every time I see it. His trainer stands there and lets him throw weights around instead of lifting them, putting the strain on his lower back (smart move) instead of his shoulders and traps.

6. t_mac1

that training is before the 05-06 season where tmac was highly motivated to win a ring that year. unfortunately that training really hurt his back. so that's an old vid. don't worry about that.

7. theREALDEALkid

yeah i knew it was old, but it just made me think, and i was like hopefully he's rehabbing harder than this and getting ready for an injury free season...a healthy T-Mac is a big plus for the houston rockets

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

no pictures, but I saw him lifting tortillas filled with various meats while out with his family at pappasito's on the Katy Freeway near the Beltway a couple of weeks back. not sure if that counts as rehab.

9. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

he probably wasn't using proper form and hurt his back. I bet he didn't even pass the salsa.

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

he was very busy pulling his cap down over his face so people wouldn't recognize him. he and his family were alone on the porch. i made eye contact with him on my way out and he quickly looked down so as not to be recognized.

11. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

lmao great

12. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

I read a interview that he is currently busy with spending a good time with children and family. Also he's doing some community service by helping the people in Darfur.

I think that by the start of training camp he will be ready to bounce back and work hard and show that he can have another good season.

Last season was good, he started good but "minor" injuries kinda slowed him down.

And also I think that after two surgeries he's not capable for hard workout.

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It seems like he says that every season, though. Obviously, he wasn't in as good a shape any time last year as he was in his early 20s.

14. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I know it's old, that's why I said it makes me cringe every time I see it. As far as I know, he still has the same trainer though...so I doubt his weightlifting technique has gotten any better.

15. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Holy Crap. That was absolutely painful to watch. Who is this Wayne Hall clown? Anyone with even a modicum of strength training or body building experience would take one look at that video and see a complete train wreck.

It's not too hard to see why Tracy suffered the back injuries he did that year - a normally built person can get away with poor form, but an especially lanky, wiry, 6'10 professional athlete with an already weak core could seriously hurt his body doing those exercises the way he did. And that's exactly what happened.

*The rear delt exercise from :50 to :58 was particularly appalling. WTF was that? The exercise is for the shoulders, not the lower back...

*The body shouldn't be thrusting back and forth on the seated rows.

*It's pretty easy to see why he has those chicken legs. That clown let him go 1/2 way down on those leg presses. On the leg curls, he was going so fast, he was basically using his momentum to lift the weight back up. Having weak legs is particularly dangerous for an athlete, especially if the upper body is gaining bulk. It's not easy to see how dude lost so much quickness.

*Biceps aren't too crucial in a workout but he was basically just using his momentum on those curls shown.

I can't even remember the rest. Can we please get someone with a clue over there? Unbelievable. This is a multimillion dollar organization and they are allowing their most prized asset to train like that?

#15 thacabbage, Jun 23, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2008
  16. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i dont know he started off the year a lot better last year than the seasons past. it wasnt until the first of the nagging knee/calf injury in dec that really slowed him down.

hopefully this will be the first season since his orlando days that he is truly 100% healthy and stays that way the entire season

17. h-townfan

h-townfan Contributing Member

Wow I was thinking the same thing. If thats how he trains every year no wonder why he is always injured.

18. t_mac1

i said COMING INTO THE SEASON. after the injuries, esp. the knee, he gained weight b/c doctors told him to simply rest.

but coming into EVERY SEASON, he is always in great shape. dude put up 29ppg on 46% shooting before injuries occurred.

19. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Keep in mind that he trains for explosiveness and not pure strength or "beach muscles" like bodybuilders do. Some of those moves looked suspect but you should keep in mind that Tracy is not training his rear delt to pose on stage so concentration 100% on that muscle isn't necessary or even optimum for basketball. The same goes for the leg movements. The movements look like "cheating" but that is to replicate a "real world" or basketball movement.

Different training for different goals.

20. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

he had a great start to this season, i agree. he was playing very good, he was very agressive offensivly. but those injuries slowed him down...

but he had had a very shaky start to 2006/07 season, when he was comming back from that serious back injury