1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to HATE RUSSELL WESTBRICK

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Anonymous8, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Hmm... maybe the walking corpse has become the running corpse. :D

2. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

So Westbrook is performing worse every game than Chris Paul’s worst career stretch. Chris Paul was really good defensively last year btw.

You aren’t arguing what you think you are. Westbrook has put up 18, 19, and 11 3s in his last 3 playoff elimination games. Guess how many he made?

I’d rather be wrong and disappointed than intentionally illogical.

3. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

How do you know that about Tilman?

BeBreezy likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

I posted this in another thread that people I knew sat next to tilman and pat yesterday at the game. They heard everything they were saying and much of which was wtf is he doing

5. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Damn.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

"Worst career stretch" and why Harden traded his ass.
    Can't count on Chris.
    'You can't even beat your man. Just shut up and watch me.'

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

I guess we've gone from you can't even beat your man to you can't even make a layup or dunk ;)

HP3 and BeBreezy like this.
  8. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Again you aren’t arguing what you think you are. Westbrook is way worse than Chris Paul even at his worst against the best two defenses in the West. CP3 can beat his man btw, doing it a lot this year.

No amount of emotion beats logic, ever. You don’t like CP3, fine. But he has and always will be better than Westbrook at basketball.

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Westbrook is just an odd player to watch. He can miss some of the most easiest layups and also make some really hard ones

amaru and BeBreezy like this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden is making life so much easier for Russ, but he’s not capitalizing

we haven’t even talked about all the wide open threes and wide open driving lanes Harden is generating for the likes of House, Rivers, Tucker, McLemore, and others by attracting 2 defenders...something that won’t be happening with the ball in Westbrook’s hands more

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

of course not. you putting the ball in wb's hands, makes it that much harder for the houston offense and open things up. defense will stay home on harden doing them a favor. they'll sag off wb and take away his driving lanes forcing him to shoot as usual. so instead of playing 4 vs 3 bc of all of the attention harden gets and what the defense is deciding to do, apparently the preference is to play 5 on 5 with a broken jumpshot leading the way by running the offense. I thought playing smart basketball and generating advantages was the higher iq way of doing things. apparently not? we sure do have some strange "i know basketball" takes

Richie_Rich and Reeko like this.
  12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

That’s due to poor fundamentals and relying on athleticism your whole career.

zcarenow likes this.
  13. dmoneybangbang

A closed mind is a terrible thing.

You’re happy that Harden went 2 for 16 on difficult, step back 3s while I want Harden to mix some catch and shoots in there to give himself easier shots. It’s all rather simple for intelligent fans.

14. dmoneybangbang

The bottom line is a lot of you think Harden taking so many contest, step back 3s and getting double teamed is a prudent course of action.

I don’t enjoy watching Harden go 2 for +10 on FGA which generates long rebounds that lead to East buckets for our opponents.

15. dmoneybangbang

LOL... Because they didn’t run a similar “spread offense” in OKC that involves driving and kicking out or hitting cutters....

It’s all just mediocre... blah blah blah. Who the hell else can handle the ball? Rivers?

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

get the ball out of harden's hands @Reeko

fckbandwagons and Reeko like this.
  17. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Chris Paul is very injury prone, and that's not something that can be brushed off.

But he's still a better basketball player than Westbrook, always has been. Even without explosion he still controls an offense, and teams don't leave him wide open. Neither guy is worth remotely close to what they are being paid, but I would have rather rolled the dice on CP3 staying healthy in the postseason than trade for Westbrook, who I know won't help us against top competition. Not to mention keeping our picks.

You guys may as well get used to this, what's left of Harden's prime is gonna be attached to Westbrook and our dollar store owner.

YOLO likes this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

OKC ran a PnR, ISO, drive and kick offense, but Harden produced a historic offensive rating running it while Russ produced a below average offense running it even tho he had PG. Thanks for making my point...lmao

#178 Reeko, Nov 25, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
    YOLO likes this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

yet he was still more efficient than Westbrook last game...Westbrook can’t even manage a higher FG or TS% than Harden when he’s going 2-16 from 3...don’t make me get into all the open looks he generated for his teammates

he even had almost as many turnovers as Harden despite facing zero double teams and handling the ball much less

imagine getting bodied in an argument like this and still thinking you’re the intelligent one...delusion can be so sad at times

20. igotwhipscollectingdust

CP3 was better last year and he’s better this year.