1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to HATE RUSSELL WESTBRICK

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Anonymous8, Nov 23, 2019.

1. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Why did Morey make this trade if this is a case?

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

[​IMG]

Richie_Rich, alethios and juanm34 like this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Because Tillman forced him to.

DD

5. dmoneybangbang

LOL..... In 2019... both Harden and WB turn the ball over 15.2 times per 100 possession...As far as this year.... they are dead even in turnovers per 100 possessions despite usage differences. So lets not act like Harden hasn't been just as historically prone to turnovers.

Guess who has historically been a better playmaker in terms of assist percentage? It ain't Harden....32% vs 42%

All I'm asking is for Harden to get some better shots by playing off ball some and your feeble mind can only comprehend FG or TS%.... I want the best shot maker to take better shots while you think otherwise.... Don't quit your day job.

Right? How does that feel to not being capable of understanding an argument because you are too closed minded to follow along?

#185 dmoneybangbang, Nov 25, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  6. dmoneybangbang

LOL. So you want Harden to take harder shots.....because taking easier shots wouldn't be beneficial..... got it.

7. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Tired of this false narrative.....Morey made the deal on his own. Heard an interview last summer where he went into deep detail about how this opened up when he contacted OKC about other players and he was shocked when they brought up Westbrook. He said he busted his tail to get it done as he felt it was too good to pass up. He even called Harden. Owner stays out of Morey’s trade talks other than to ok it on this one. False narrative is what you are spewing. Sorry, but Morey is fully accountable on this one and deserves credit for getting rid of old man Paul and his almost untakable contract.

LorneMalvo and hakeem94 like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

[​IMG]

juanm34 and fckbandwagons like this.
  9. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Morey is truly stupid about stuff like this. Star names with no substance.

Joe Johnson to Carmelo to Westbrook.

All previously good one-way players trending downward incredibly fast and all horrible negatives in Houston.

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Harden wanted it.

DaDakota and BeBreezy like this.
  11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

That's not what our insider cyberex said

DaDakota and BeBreezy like this.
  12. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Just wait till Westbrick turns the corner.....

Yule C...

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I didn’t watch OKC religiously enough to know for sure.... but I’m assuming they actually ran some plays?? I mean clearly Russ is not the same Russ athleticism wise as he was 5 years ago. But even still... maybe run some actual plays??

What harden is doing IS TRULY AMAZING. Forget whether he gets enough love or how crazy it is Luka does it too.... not many players can play that style amazingly well. I do t think Russ can. Heck I don’t think CP3 could either.

Dame would be a better choice in terms of the your turn/my turn ball. Or Luka lol.

But we have Russ... so how about run an actual play?

More b****ing should be done about MDA than Russ. Sure he was never super efficient ... but the dude just came off three straight triple doubles. And now he can’t shoot layups?? Seems like he is pressing trying to fit a system.

Look... I never loved Russ a lot. And frankly as many know... I have problems with a Harden in some ways. But they’re here. Now it’s up to DM to surround them with LEGIT role players (sorry McLemore, sorry Thabo, etc) and up to MDA to actually coach.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

We were not going to win a title either ways, with or without WB, so I am not really sweating it.

Just order some pizza on game nights and enjoy the Donatello show.

hakeem94 and J.R. like this.
  15. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Rockets reporters have made it clear that his hand was forced by Tillman and Harden. Westbrook is the antithesis of everything that Morey stands for.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nah, that is what he tells people as a team player, this came from Tillman, Harden, and his son, and Morey voiced concern but they wanted it and here we are.

DD

BeBreezy likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...VjEoyoz5o-zWnRWpkVOusYf34SgQDLglVr9kSMz6p8Z6A

Russell Westbrook to Rockets: C

Are the Rockets even a smidge better with Westbrook than they were with Chris Paul? Not to my eye. Whatever they gain in the intangible impact of James Harden actually liking Westbrook they lose in Westbrook's inability to shoot. It's pretty much a wash in my opinion.

I remember arguing with my CBS Sports colleague and former NBA player Raja Bell this summer when he said Westbrook could be a 35 percent 3-point shooter. I disagreed. Strongly.

Bell believed that with Westbrook knowing what his role was going to be next to Harden, he would spend the whole summer in the gym working on shooting. I'm a cynic when it comes to that. Guys can become better shooters, sure. There are always exceptions people point to where a bad shooter becomes a good shooter. Kawhi Leonard is everyone's favorite.

But shooting is a born skill the same as anything else, and Westbrook is a bad shooter. He's been under 30 percent from 3-point range in five of the past six seasons. Entering Monday, he's shooting 23 percent from 3 and 41 percent overall.

You can see the influence of Houston's system in some of his shot selection; he's not nearly as quick to pull up for those five-dribble mid-rangers. He's looking for the kick-out passes if he can't get to the rim, but he's still out of control in a lot of situations going through the lane.

He definitely brings an attacking tempo to the normally methodical Rockets, and he's still putting up 22 points, seven rebounds and just under seven assists a game. But man, the shooting hurts. Teams are just leaving him without any concern to swarm Harden. Westbrook can be a penetrator in that space when Harden hits him with a release-valve pass out of traps, but again, he's out of control a lot and he simply can't make that wide-open 3-pointer teams are going to dare him to take.

This is going to be a problem in the playoffs.

18. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I’m really now starting to understand how Westbrook pulled off winning an MVP....

There is something about him that makes people lose their minds. Something about how he plays basketball that makes people ignore each and every statistic that has come to be commonplace to judge how well a player is truly performing.

I mean like every single statistical marker out there that we use to judge every other player shows Westbrook to be an absolute disaster on the court. And somehow he has tricked some people. The “triple double and hustle” siren song of RW has managed to pull in people from a group who should know better than anyone that Westbrook is not good.

19. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Westbrook might have a worse contract that CP3 the only difference is CP3 misses 25 games per season and Westbrook is usually healthy.

20. Bo6

Bo6 Member

people forgetting how well WB played with gordon the short time he was out there.... and that was with gordon playing like complete garbage.

deb4rockets likes this.