1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

i cant wait for this season to be over!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smoothie, Jul 6, 2002.

Tags:
  1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

...so we could start the playoffs!!!!

any thoughts on our chances against the top teams in the west?

2. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

I cannot wait for the season to START.

3. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

well, that too.

but i cant wait for the "second season" to start.

4. travfrancis

travfrancis Member

i actaully think we have a good chance in the playoffs i think we would be really scary and would have a shot of takin down the lakers, spurs, or mavs or any team except for the kings they just own us

5. BTM

BTM Member

If Steve stays healthy 8th place.

But the Lakers will win 3 straight with Shaq breaking Ming's neck. Someone should've told Ming not to say he can beat Shaq.

6. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

I think it will be a different story and the kings will not sweep us this year. The Rockets actually have a post game they can go to and that will be a big difference in winning some games against the kings. That 7'6" guy is really tall.

#6 Jerry36, Jul 6, 2002
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2002
  7. travfrancis

travfrancis Member

i guarentee the rockets will be the 5th seed. mark my words

8. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Will the Editor please remove BTM as he is trying to cause trouble with his stupidity.

9. dTown333

dTown333 Member

Just put him on your ignore list...there's even a whole thread about putting him on your ignore list in the Hangout.

10. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

BTM you should research prior to making your quotes!!! Yao Ming ( Mr Yao) said he would like to play Shaq as he would like to play the best Center.

11. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

7/7/2002
    A foul-plagued Australian men's basketball team - the Boomers - was unable to overcome China's 'Great Wall', 225cm NBA centre Yao Ming, as they lost 84-70 in Guangzhou on Saturday night in the second-last game of their tour of China.

The Boomers, who started their six-game, 12-day tour of China by winning three straight matches and taking out the Shuang Lai Cup by defeating China, Yugoslavia and Italy in a round-robin tournament, accumulated 30 team fouls in the game and saw three key players foul out in Chris Anstey, Ben Melmeth and Tony Ronaldson.

The game, which was played on Chinese national TV and in front of a parochial home-crowd of 3,000, saw the Boomers trail early with the Chinese leading 30-23 at quarter time. China extended this lead to double-digits in the first half before some dogged play by the Boomers helped the Australians pull level at the half, 39-39.

The third quarter remained tight, with the Chinese taking a 60-58 lead into the final break. The Australians lost Ronaldson and Melmeth to fouls in the third period however and with Anstey fouling out in the final quarter, the Chinese were able to take control of the game. Anstey and Melmeth had the daunting task of trying to guard Ming, who was tabbed by the Houston Rockets as the number one NBA Draft pick in June, and with the two Australian big men hampered by foul trouble the giant Chinese centre was able to score a game-high 22 points.

Matthew Nielsen top-scored for Australia for the second straight game with 13 points while Anstey had 12 before he fouled out. Brett Maher added 11 despite a slight illness and John Rillie also had 11 points.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Anstey had 12 before he fouled out"...I guess Anstey has 'schooled' Ming again.

12. dTown333

dTown333 Member

Oh, and BTW BTM, the Lakers already won their 3rd straight. The only mathematically possible way for them to win 3 straight with Shaq breaking Ming's neck would be for them to lose next year and start up another streak in '03-'04. LAKERS 2006 BABY!!!! YEAH, BREAK HIS NECK 34 YEAR OLD SHAQ!!!!

13. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

The day Shaq breaks Ming's neck, BTM will be the happiest guy in the world

14. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

shaq won't be able to reach for yao ming's neck.

i actually worry more of the kings in the playoffs than lakers.

15. travfrancis

travfrancis Member

same here the kings own us we could surprise the lakers

16. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

Even though he recently called me a "godless ****ing hypocrite" in another thread, I'll defend him here. I believe he was talking about a three game sweep by the Lakers when he said 3 straight, not a threepeat.

17. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

BTM, shut the hell up and unregister yourself from this BBS!!!

18. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

There is always one smart aleck out there.

19. prlen

prlen Member

"
    "Anstey had 12 before he fouled out"...I guess Anstey has 'schooled' Ming again.
    "
    anstey fouled out at 38:10.
    "anstey+xxx+xxx"'s defence=18 pts (low post attack)yao + 10+pts (low post attack )batter + anstey fouled out .

20. haven

haven Member

I'm going to enjoy the season more than the playoffs this year, I think. I don't have any delusions about the Rockets going deep this year - a first round win wouldn't surprise me, but I'd be shocked if they made the conference finals.

Watching good basketball all year long should prove to be a real treat.

PS. Austinites - are the Rockets televised much, there?