1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I am a White male

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by xaos, Aug 26, 2020.

1. xaos

xaos Member

I am a white male who grew up in a predominantly black/Latino neighborhood. I got bullied, beat up, and picked on because of my race. I still embraced it and found it as a challenge.

Despite that, I wanted so bad to be loved and I found ways to be accepted. I went from living in my car to making over six figures. The only reason I mention that us to say I've seen so many perspectives... So many different struggles and lifestyles.

I have spent days literally crying thinking of ways to make some things right. I think Biden is incompetent and Trump is an insensitive prick.

How can I make a difference in this world? I love my neighbors, give when I can, and vote for those who I think have decent morals.

Thanks

2. xaos

xaos Member

Sorry for the rambling... I'm not articulate about these feelings. I wish I could speak about it the way I really want to

3. xaos

xaos Member

I feel really helpless atm

B@ffled and mikol13 like this.
  4. Senator

Senator Member

Why pretend politics has morals... you've got Trump on one side,Biden, Hilary and Kamanda on the other. It's the lowest who rise and that's on the people.

The way you can help is tell your imaginary black friends to hold themselves and their communities accountable... every other community doesn't have these issues with the cops. All the protests are over people who repeatedly committed crimes, didn't listen to cops, and some of them even attacked them (the passed out guy at drive through). Understand that black and white cops have families to, and more cops are shot performing routine checks than black males are shot by cops. Know you have been easily brainwashed and know that I forgive you, as I will educate you.

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

Why does it matter that you are a white male? It is the first thing you mentioned.

Rocket River and RayRay10 like this.
  6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm a White male. So what? I saw discrimination in the '50's and '60's. I rode in buses with Black citizens crowded in the back with a few White passengers in the front. My local city park didn't let Black kids use the pool or the restrooms or the ****ing water fountain in the '50's. I was lucky. I grew up knowing that how Black Americans were being treated in Houston was wrong. My parents were FDR Democrats and very progressive at the time. Our Southeast Houston neighborhood wasn't.

I assume that you're grown up now. If you want to vote for a bigot, a man with a very long documented history of being a racist, vote for trump. If you want our country to return to something approaching normalcy, if you want the lies and the conspiracy theories to stop coming from the White House, vote for Biden. I'll add this. You called Joe Biden "incompetent." President Obama didn't think he was. trump has shown everyone how incompetent he is. It's perfectly obvious. Give Biden a chance to prove to you that he can be a better president than trump, who has already shown the country and the world how incompetent he is. What do you have to lose?

7. Senator

Senator Member

Meh you know voting for Biden won't change a thing. It will only enable more hateful behavior. Obama was an African American male, I believe, and at the end of his tenure civil rights were worse than ever. There were riots , cop killings with snipers etc. So the answer lies in making the change yourself and telling your "black friends" to do the same.

B@ffled likes this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

Manana is a good time to have real talk.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

You've got it. You're ok.

For the love of Christ ignore the "Senator" guy until manana, and after that, and after that...

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You're not not a white male first you're an ass hole first. Nothing wrong with that dude's post. Your old man think you it know it all **** gets more and more annoying as you age.

That dude didn't make any moral judgements on any group despite his experiences. Look in the mirror bro

#10 pgabriel, Aug 26, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    B@ffled likes this.
  11. omgTHEpotential

[​IMG]

12. Fantasma Negro

Its not your job to save anyone dude. The sadness you feel is guilt, its only justified if you have done wrong. If you haven't, live your ****ing life regardless of what color you are. Its obvious you're too young to know what an election cycle looks like so if you're scared of what the media is giving you stop watching the news. Focus on improving yourself for the betterment of those around you. If you're too confused to vote, don't vote but treat this election as well as the local elections as a paper trade. Make picks do research and keep tabs. Do your own research so you can stand up and argue your position without fear. And if you are an adult, you need to move into the next phase of life, identity politics usually fizzles around the end of college freshman year, the color of your skin nor your feelings mean ****. E pluribus unum

13. CCorn

CCorn Member

The first step is posting in a basketball BBS

Nook, amaru, malakas and 13 others like this.
  14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Another jerk post. What in that post makes you think he feels guilty? Some of you guys see someone mention Trump in apathetical sense and still flip out. Relax

15. Buck Turgidson

"You can't change the world, you can only change the world around yourself."

16. Fantasma Negro

His words

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

18. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I’m not going to judge or **** on someone that seems to genuinely care and is sharing his feelings.

Just live your best life everyday and try to do right by the people in your life. Then maybe take it a step further and possibly make a difference in others lives In some way that you don’t know. Just live right , man.

When it comes to politics and what we see happening right in front of our eyes is pretty disappointing to me. I tend to grip a little too tightly because I want things to be different, and I cannot for the life of me understand why people are so effed up, divided and want to oppose one another so much. Well, it’s because they want us to be divided. I’m just not having that. Anyway...

Just love your sisters and brothers. To me that’s always the first step.

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@B-Bob is looking for someone to get him a contributing membership on clutchfans. charity begins at home.

B-Bob and RayRay10 like this.
  20. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I'm a man. I'm 40.

B@ffled and Buck Turgidson like this.