1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hypothetical Rockets/Blazers Draft Trade...

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by HealthyHamstring, Apr 13, 2022.

?

Who Says No?

1. Rockets

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Blazers

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Both

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. Neither

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. HealthyHamstring

Posted this in the main forum, figured I would post it here

Rockets Send:
    Christian Wood/David Nwaba OR just Eric Gordon

for

Blazers Send:
    Eric Bledsoe

There is no way that if the Blazers plan on keeping Dame Lillard (everything is pointing towards that), that they will keep and draft at both the #6 and #11 positions. They will need to find a trade partner that fits the following 3 elements

1) Has win-now pieces
    2) Is willing to trade win-now pieces for a lottery pick
    3) Win-now pieces have similar cap hit to Eric Bledsoe's $19.375m.
    • This piece is important as his salary number is more valuable to the Blazers as a trade matching mechanism than it is for freeing up cap space. If acquired, the Rockets could waive Bledsoe and only incur a $3.9m cap hit for 22-23 season
    The Rockets fit all 3 areas. I am sure there are other interesting iterations of this that might involve the 6th pick (17, Wood, Gordon & Tate?), but the posted trade above its the most simplistic, mutually beneficial trade that I see. I almost expect us to do something with Portland given how well it lines up with both teams.

Madmanmetz likes this.
  2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

That is a no brainer for me.

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  3. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I think the Blazers will look to move Dame soon.

4. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I’d do that deal but the Blazers would be stupid to do it because they need to trade Dame and scorched earth rebuild.

5. Buck Turgidson

I thought this was going to be about Sampson for #2 plus Drexler

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

One Cougar is enough. Plus there is also only one player in this draft that is certain to make at least a few all star games. Anyone after Akeem is not, and def not worth giving up Sampson.

Seriously though I would even consider giving up the Bucks pick to get the 11th.

If not I hope they push the Nets pick until next season. Trade Wood and Tate/KPJfor a pick next season. The Kings, Knicks, Spurs, Pacers, Wizards etc

Then you would have maybe the 25th pick, 13th, and 8th pick next year. Then maybe move up to the 4th pick or something

2023 top 5 pick
    Green
    2022 top 5 pick
    Sengun
    Garuba

orrrrr

Is it possible to trade the Nets picks & swaps for a pick in next draft? Trade the 8th pick, 25th pick and Nets picks for the 2nd?

Scoot PG
    Green SG
    Jabari SF
    Sengun PF
    Mark Williams C

Christopher
    Garuba
    KJ Martin

Sign me up for allll of that.

King1 likes this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

Hypothetically speaking...then you turn around and trade the #2 pick (Bowie/Jordan) to Philly for #5 and #10, and draft Barkley and Stockton.

Stockton/Drexler/McCray/Barkley/Akeem...Showtime and the Celtics ain't got s**t on that.

Since we're hypotheticalizing and all. I expect nothing short of this level of genius from Stone and Co.

Shark44 likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rather trade 16/17 + EGo to Hawks for Jalen Johnson.

9. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

The Blazers seem to be obsessed with Jerami Grant and will probably try to use that pick to get him but if the Pistons decide to be stupid, Wood would be a decent consolation prize and it'd be great for us. Honestly, any Wood/Ego + Bkn to move up trade is a no brainer for us.

10. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I may do this but it seems a little steep to give up Wood and Nwaba or Gordon just to move up 6 spots.

I’d rather give them 17, Wood, Nwaba And Gordon for 6 or wherever their higher pick lands.

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

hypothetically you absolutely do not draft b**** boy stockton

BHannes2BHonest and Rashmon like this.
  12. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

The young Round Mound of Rebound on a team with the OG Akeem. Wow those two would have given Bill Fitch a heart attack in the locker room.

Buck Turgidson and peleincubus like this.
  13. sydmill

sydmill Member

Id take it one step farther an offer Tate as part of the deal. Wood+Tate+Brooklyn pick for pick 11. Moving up definitely gives the Rockets access to guys like Eason or Sochan (or a sliding prospect. maybe Duren or AJG?). With Wood and Tate gone there is a ton of open minutes for the Rooks and KJM too. My opinion is that the Rockets, for now, are set at Guard and Center. Lets see what we have in KPJ/Green/JC in the backcourt and Sengun/Garuba at the pivot. Our forwards are not nearly as inspiring though moving forward.

14. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

If Sharpe enters the draft that no. 6 pick is going to be worth a lot more even including Tate. Portland is going to demand a ransom for it. Murray and Sharpe are highly coveted. We will get outbid. The Knicks pick is our best opportunity.

15. Buck Turgidson

Sorry, slick, but you're wrong.

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Fake rocket fan siren just went off at my place. You can now go be a Mormon and have 5 pale unattractive wives. Congratulations

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  17. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Now that Portland will no longer receive that extra pick, looks like we might have to turn attention to the Knicks as an option for a win-now team.

On Portland's #6 pick I assume that they can trade it on draft night once all 2022 picks involved in the trade have been selected. Is that still the way that works?

18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I wonder how many championships do the Rockets win with Jordan, Olajuwon & Drexler all on the same team?

D-rock likes this.
  19. sydmill

sydmill Member

3 way with Charlotte and the Knicks:

Houston out: Wood, Tate, Nwaba and pick 17.

Houston in: Mason Plumlee, Kemba Walker, pick 13, Dallas' 2023 FRP

Charlotte out: PJ Washington, Plumlee and pick 13

Charlotte in: Wood and pick 11

NYK out: Walker, pick 11 and Dallas' 2023 FRP

NYK in: Washington, Tate, Nwaba and pick 17

20. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

We are talking about things that happen in another multiverse where Stockton did all his **** but in a Rockets uniform. Plus without Sloan as his coach, he have been a bit less dirty and then Malone is probably never as good as he became. And again he is doing it all for our team. In that said universe, of course you celebrate and enjoy the dynasty.