1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hydrating

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houston22, Jun 8, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Houston22

Houston22 Member

Guys, what's the thing with hydrating in the NBA?
    I mean, whenever camera showed Heat bench at game 1, no one was drinking. Maybe little sips of gatorade here and there. I am always pouring as much water as I can into and onto me whenever I train and it is hot. I go by the rule that never is enough. Why don't the guys in NBA have large bottles of water and just drink it all the time?

2. i3artow i3aller

3. PhiSlammaJamma

You don't see the Suns hydrating either. They are the heat.

4. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

[​IMG]

5. downbytheriver

Makes sense as to why you're in the NBA and these guys aren't. Congrats

6. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

I think too much hydration can cause cramps and weigh down a player. I'm sure they have habits to hydrate themselves properly everyday.

#6 ross84, Jun 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  7. RightToCensor

RightToCensor Member

You're not supposed to drink a large amount of fluids at one time because that causes cramps too.

To keep your body hydrated you keep the back of your neck moist with a towel or pouring water on it. Drink fluids, but drink to the point where your body is cooled, then you just relax your body and get ready for more reps.

Oddly enough, Lebron did all of those things and still got cramps.

Why? Maybe it was the Gatorade he was drinking, maybe not. I don't have Lebron's body so I don't know how cramps feel with a tight muscular body.

8. tr3yzle

tr3yzle Member

You can actually over hydrate, and nobodies body composition is the same, therefore sips of water maybe all they need since they don't have high percentages of body fat and comprised of most muscle. If you were to take in too many fluids your body would start to break down with cramps and throw up the excess water. This happens a lot in little league baseball in the summer, coaches are so concerned about dehydration that they mistakenly give kids too much water in some cases and just as sick or hurt at that point. The trainers on the staff know and understand each player on the roster and how their body works for the most part. The only way LeBron's cramps could have been avoided would have been to start an IV at half time and even attempt to get him more during the second half. Once the cramps start and are set it, they are near impossible to get rid of on the spot. These guys know what they are doing, to question it is just silly. Because it's LeBron and it's the finals everyone has to make something of it, but if were game 38 of the regular season it wouldn't have mattered, or if in game 1 it were Mario Chalmers who got cramps, it wouldn't have mattered then either

9. haydenfisher342

how in they flying @*($*! does this guy have thread starting privileges and I dont

10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

You're seriously basing their hydration over the random camera shots that the broadcast gives you?

11. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

He doesn't drink Gatorade. He's a Powerade guy.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Gatorade sucks! The nba needs to dump Gatorade and sign Brawndo as the official drink of the league.

[​IMG]

Is has electrolytes, it's what Lebron craves.

2 people like this.
  13. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Flopping is exhausting. I'm not surprised NBA players are cramping up.

14. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

They just needed Dwayne Wade's Mission Enduracool. Shame on them.

[​IMG]

15. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

16. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Ha ha ha!

Ditto.

17. Houston22

Houston22 Member

Another question:
    Lebron lost all body fat up to this point. Do you think a little body fat is needed for such muscular person to be able to sustain those conditions?

18. Houston22

Houston22 Member

Just one more:
    If Dirk comes to Rockets, whose team is it?

19. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

Players would start peeing all over the court, causing hazardous conditions. Common sense OP.

20. lean

lean Member

Haha, I am seriously wondering the same thing constantly on these forums.