1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Human Cloning has Started

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Cold Hard, Jan 27, 2001.

1. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010126/ts/cloning_dc_1.html

------------------

2. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

This I AM against. We don't need to contribute to overpopulation by growing humans outside of pregnancy. I hope this is banned.

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."

3. Timing

Timing Member

Well well, lookie here. It's funny how this surfaces just a few days after the abortion thread. This is my favorite quote of the article. They will control nature. uh huh

``As revolutionary as it may sound, as fictional as it may sound, it will be done. It's a genie that is out of the bottle and will be controlled,'' Zavos said.

------------------
    "Somebody DO something out there." -Bill Walton

4. Steve_Francis_rules

ZRB, aren't you the one that wasn't in favor of growing children within pregnancy? Didn't you say abortion was necessary for population control?

------------------

5. PhiSlammaJamma

In the U.S.? Please. One word. Regulation. That wsill bog things down for years. Now, you go into some third world country and I believe that yes, ultimately, it will happen.

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

6. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

All I ever said is that women have a right to choose, and that the less unwanted children, the better. If someone is unable to have children, they should adopt, not clone. People should be working on cloning all the endangered species on this planet that people have killed off. I never said I was against pregnancy. I said I was for the right to have an abortion.

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."

7. Steve_Francis_rules

sorry to wrongly twist your words ZRB.

------------------

8. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

First up to be cloned, Steve Francis. [​IMG]

------------------
    Ceo of the Walt Williams fan club. Web site coming soon

atheistalliance.org

9. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

I will make an exception for that.

------------------

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

sorry ZRB! I hate to break this to you:

I won the secret lottery that determined whose genes would be cloned to create this overpopulation of babies to infertile couples.

11. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I think the world would be a better place if their were more ROXRANs running amuck. The squirrels might be on the endangered list but golly what the heck!

------------------
    Sometimes you gotta do the next best thing!

12. The Voice of Reason

Screw that, If we are gonna start cloning, Im gonna dig up Jim thorpe, and clone his ass, and clone Jordan. raise the two for 25 years, than let them have at each other and prove ESPN wrong, Thorpe really was the greatest athelete of the 20th century. cloning should be used to answer long lasting debates. you know Ali in his prime Vs Tyson in his prime kind of questions [​IMG]

man this probably has don king investing already [​IMG]

peace

------------------
    Hanta-Force Paintball
    http://www.hanta-force.com

13. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Hahahaha [​IMG]

------------------
    Ceo of the Walt Williams fan club. Web site coming soon

atheistalliance.org

14. Steve_Francis_rules

don king? [​IMG]

------------------

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

oh, yeah...I like this idea. This can't miss!

Seriously, this is the stupidest thing I've EVER heard of. How arrogant are these guys? Have they considered the possibility that they might not get it right the first few times?? Then what?? They are the direct cause of human suffering, whether it be cloned or not! Listen, 9 times out of 10 I'm all for the free market and free development of technology...but this is out of control!

------------------

16. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

mmmm gotta clone my own Britney Spears...have to look into some sort of Super Gro fluid.

------------------
    We will ball.