1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HS Football!!

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Greg#3, Sep 5, 2001.

1. Greg#3

Greg#3 Member

Yes, the time has come again for the wonderful sport of high school football. Being the sports junkie that I am, I've already written 3 articles for the ABC webiste, thanks to my friend Stevierebel. Here's a link to the website:

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/sports/hs_sports_report.html

Go Eagles!

2. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

Yeah, Go Eagles!, Eisenhower Eagles that is.

3. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Dayum, our rivals, the 2000 Class 5A Division 2 State champ Katy Tigers were smoked by Tyler John Tyler on Friday 35-3. That makes me vvveeerrryyyy happy!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

4. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

finalsbound where do you go to school???

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Like that matters. Wherever you go to school, I'll bet you $500 that Katy kicks their sorry asses this year.

6. Nomar

Nomar Member

Write some about us private schools man. St. Johns all the way.

7. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

Nomar--

What's another St. John's fan doing on BBS? You unemployed, too?

8. grummett

grummett Contributing Member

HS Football?? Pffft! The only sport that matters this time of year is 6th grade Catholic girls basketball in the Davenport diocese in eastern Iowa. Season opener was Tuesday afternoon. ;)

9. Greg#3

Greg#3 Member

Eisenhower is good every year but that have this habit of fumbling away games in the 3rd quarter.

BTW, that is the very worst quarter of football I have ever seen a team play in my entire life. I was LMAO, sitting on the Ike side of the field too.

10. haven

haven Member

As a former Lufkinite, I must say I'm disappointed in Reggie McNeal. He should have better taste ;).

11. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Really?

I am from Lufkin.

Panthers!

I see big things happening this season.

Do you know Reggie?

12. haven

haven Member

No, but my mother is friends with his mother... they work together. My sister knows him a little.

He was only in junior high when I graduated in '98.

BTW, the Rangers are languishing in your absence, VJ ;).

13. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Oh.

Good to see another Lufkinite on the board.

Better go check up on my baseball team

:)

14. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Mayde Creek. I know, I know, we are known for sucking (at football, but I think it's just Katy that makes us look bad), but I'm hoping the Tigers get seriously off-track this year. You know, they lost Jared Kaspar, their starting QB, and Jamel Branch, the star wide-receiver to graduation. They're only bringing back, like, 6 of their important starters.

I'm not saying this racistly, but I think Katy's success is fairly surprising considering they have two black starters and four on the whole football team (last year when they won the title). Not that white guys are bad athletes, but, come on. You always see the all-black/some white Texas high school teams in the Chron. You know, none of the Tigers got scholarships last year? Weird. Our (MC's) yery own Curtis Fagan is at Oklahoma right now. You may have remembered him as the one who caught a TD in the championship. :p

GO RAMS!!!!
    BEAT THE TIGERS, MUSTANGS, AND COUGARS!!!

(but especially the Tigers) :)

15. Nomar

Nomar Member

actually kpsta, im a senior at SJS.

16. DVauthrin

i graduated from taylor last yr thats why i asked, katy isnt near as good this yr no matter what rocketman says

17. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Man, if you are an adult, and you get all worked up over high school football, you scare me. You realize that nowhere else in the world does this kind of thing happen?

18. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

FinalsBound, I go to Taylor now but my sister went to Mayde Creek Highschool too.... Curtis Fagan despite being a year or two older than her was always hittin on her, which was quite amusing to me but not her because he IS NOT a very attractive fellow......

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah, I don't give a ****...Katy is only returning 4 starters overall, and they'll still kick everyone's asses in 19-5A.

20. DVauthrin

i wouldnt be so sure rocketman, if there was ever a year you were vunerable its this one

i think it may be hastings turn to win district, but i will never count you out