1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How's this for eating clean? Diet to become fit.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Outlier, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

If you are not actively converting your body to photosynthesis you aren't really a health hipster.

2. Nook

Nook Member

Yes a lower cost alternative would be to cut out the organic component.

Honestly by observation (as well as my experience) is that it is a process that usually works as follows:

1. You begin learning and reading about organic food, GMO's, processed foods, whole foods, paleo and primal diets and lifestyles.

2. You start by trying to cut out as many processed foods as possible.

3. You beging cutting out grains except in moderation.

4. You begin purchasing select organic foods based on your research.

5. You try grass fed, hormone free meat and learn about why it is better.

etc.

As far as a diet or regimine (M-F) it doesn't work like that really, I just really limit things such as oatmeal, bread, processed food.

Typically for mornings I have eggs and bacon or sausage. I avoid cereal and oatmeal except for the rare bowl of steel cut oats.

For lunch I have salad sometimes, have lettuce wraps (not from McDonalds), cheese sometimes, sometimes nuts, sometimes yogurt. Beef sticks sometimes. Cucumbers with ranch sometimes.

For dinner I have a meat (steak, chicken, lamb) and a salad and sides of cooked vegetables.

For a snack unless you REALLY want chocolate of the rare ice cream, I will eat a really good quality apple or piece of fruit.

Now, when I started I couldn't do all this, I had cravings, but over time reached this diet. The key is to ask yourself when you eat, is it good for you? How bad do you want it? Will you be fool and satisfied without the bread? Are you stoping at McDonalds just out of habit?

Also, this worked for me, and I don't think less of folks that just eat whatever is easy because I did it for years and know it is hard not to.

Honestly from my experience the initial goal is to decrease and cut out processed foods. (That includes processed grains)