1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How would you guys feel about this trade rumor?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Vivi, Nov 13, 2020.

?

How do you feel about a similar trade? Worth it or not?

1. Definitely worth it

3.7%
  2. Hell no

54.5%
  3. I'd probably change something, it has potential

41.8%
  1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Now i know there's a random thread idea thread, which i usually use for stuff like this, but i made a thread mostly cause i wanted to add a poll and see how do you guys feel about something like this.

Just to add, this guy is one of the two/three that was reporting first the interest the Rockets had for Butler last summer, which was indeed big so, maybe he has some sources.

Personally, i feel like as he posted it, it would be too much to give up for us, i know Russ value has to be lower than PG's, but at the same time PG is expiring (he has a player option for the 2021/22 season) and apparently not exactly liked in the Clippers lockeroom. Also, i think i remember reading recently that Kawhi asked for a point guard (probably in order to carry his ass during the regular season lol), not sure i remember well, but if that's the case, a similar trade could make sense for both sides, especially cause the Clippers aren't exactly in a better situation than us in terms of assets etc so, considering all of this the Rockets should still be able to find some leverage here, maybe, at least enough to not be forced to include both Covington and a 1st rounder, i feel like that would be way too much for a rental, for as good as he is (probably one of the most, if not the most suited star to play next to Harden).

What do you guys think? Would you still do this trade, what would you add/change here (pretty sure at least some salary fillers should be included anyway to make it work)? What if the Rockets also take back Beverley/Lou and a small ball center like Kabengele?

2. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Harden one last chance? This would be a 1 year rental? Might as as well throw more future away to pair harden with someone who will request a trade later. All this does is screw more of the rockets future lol.

3. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

**** no. paul george ain't worth that much

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

That’s not even a lateral move, it’s a backwards move. If it was Russ and a 1st for PG I would consider it.

6. riko

riko Member

Covington and a 1st no thanks

7. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Russ is the better player so they give the 1st round and he expiring so he can go be bought out near the trade deadline easy, and run back to Clippers.

Rockets need atleast Zubac, 1st round Pick and Paul for Westbrook.

8. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

I’d feel neutral possibly a little excited for a Westbrook-PG straight up swap. I wouldn’t give up anything else. Especially RoCo and we have no business trading ANYMORE first round picks with the uncertainty of this franchise moving forward.

9. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

It depends on what the value is around the league on Westbrook... What can you get for just him?

It's pricey but interesting. I don't want to lose Covington and I believe PG has an opt-out (next year?). It would basically mean you traded Chris Paul, Clint Capela, four first-round picks and two pick swaps for Paul George.

I don't think the Clippers and Kawhi would do that though.

10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Russ might possibly be the better player but has an awful contract. Expiring is what you’re paying for

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

PG for Russ straight up yes. Russ + Roco for PG? Nah.

12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

It's hard to make a case that PG is worth more than Russ, and hard to make a case that Russ is worth more than PG.

If Clippers want to straight up flip them, im game, but no on giving up more assets, ESPECIALLY Covington, who at this point might be the Rockets 2nd best player (aside from Russ when he is playing well). I know folks love PJ, but Covington is better, imo, and younger.

There are very few trades where I give up Covington. He is solid on a championship caliber squad, and he is solid on a rebuilding squad.

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Why do we keep following these random fake Twitter insiders?

Cyber posted yesterday, that’s the latest scoop we got.

Htown Legend likes this.
  14. Juxtaposed Jolt

What if it was like...

HOU gets:
    - Paul George
    - Ivica Zubac
    - future 2nd round pick

LAC gets:
    - Russell Westbrook
    - Robert Covington
    - '23 FRP

I think that's a lot more palatable. Houston wouldn't lose that much SF depth with a PG-Cov swap, and we'd instantly get a young, cheap starting center in Zubac.

joshuaao, Rudyc281 and Le$$ like this.
  15. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

So essentially, 6 1st rounders- Russ, CP, Lou, Bev, Harrel, Covington for Paul George..... How the hell did this franchise fall so hard, so fast? Whos running this show, Billy King?

16. thejav

thejav Member

Did bill o brian get hired as gm?? Wtf..

17. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

PG is an infinitely better fit than Westbrook. I know everyone is sour on him because of his playoff performance, but the dude is still a top tier player. This is buying low.

pr0wler, BallSoHarden, 34to11 and 5 others like this.
  18. Le$$

Le$$ Member

How would you get George to commit to Houston. What would happen is Lenard would want out after the clippers trade. I was assume the rumor was getting westbrook there without losing Paul? But i thought Lenard really wanted Chris, who would work better.

Ramo$e likes this.
  19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

That’s why I’d only do it for Kawhi. It’s worth it. The Randy Johnson one year attempt.

bj3175 and csnerd84 like this.
  20. finsraider

finsraider Member

if you swap Covington with Tucker and put protection on the 2023 1st, I’m good with it.

but agree with you...Clippers aren’t doing the original deal or my changes. They want scraps (Lou, Bev, etc.) for Westbrook, and I don’t see how that makes us better.