1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How would you feel...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houston288South, Mar 15, 2012.

Tags:
?

How would you feel if the Rockets did NOT make a move before the trade deadline?

Poll closed Mar 16, 2012.
  1. Very Disappointed...

69 vote(s)
    71.1%
  2. In Morey We Trust...

25 vote(s)
    25.8%
  3. Happy, because I want to keep the team like it is...

3 vote(s)
    3.1%
  1. Houston288South

if the Rockets did NOT make a move today before the trade deadline? I keep checking on here and a few other places, but nothing yet...

2. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

fire DM of course...for doin nothin with his "assets" :p

3. Bearius Jones

Bearius Jones Member

No Move

A move will be made at the very least a minor one. BUT to answer your question then I would be confused. What direction would the Rockets be going in if they didn't make a move? We would still be a middle of the road team especially in the West with again no real chance of getting a star/all-star/superstar during the off-season or going anywhere in the playoffs.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I don't care if we don't trade for players. I DO CARE if we don't blow it up and get picks. Too many expiring contracts to just keep.

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

At this point, Bogut gone, Howard and Williams pipe dreams are gone.

The only splash would be Pau, Kaman or Okafor+pick

I wouldn't be too excited for any of those options other than Meh...

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What about a fourth option:

MEH....

8. underrated015

underrated015 Member

really dont care now. nba is a joke. most players are divas . whatever. kinda like our players .

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

absolutely agreed! if you can't get your guy you're planning on building around it's time to scrap it. particularly given the contract situations of these guys.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would be disappointed at first but I really think we can handle the situation with the draft busts and find a solution in the long run.

I believe but if the owner could give Morey absolute reign... that would be ideal.
    No matter what Rockets are a good team with average talent. It can only get better.

11. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

No move is unacceptable.

If the big fish isn't happening so be it. Doesn't have to be a blockbuster. But there need to be at least a few minor trades, if only to sell off guys like Flynn. I'm not against 60 cents on the dollar sell offs of Martin and Scola, so long as we're getting young guys or picks, preferably picks.

There's no trade override in the real world, so I'm not down on Morey for coming up empty on franchise players. But he's been bricking too many shots of late for my liking. A bad "reeks of desperation" trade is my biggest fear today.

12. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

In all honesty, if we don't make a move...DM should be fired.

Before you begin to flame, hear me out.

He traded for all of these "assets" that he hopes will lead you a star player. I'm sorry Pau is not a superstar. Sometimes stars are not available....fine! THEN BLOW IT UP.

His plan isn't working and we are not close to a championship at all. He needs to make a move.

Offer the house except Lowry for Evan Turner

13. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

So he should be fired collecting assets to trade for a better player?
    - im not mad at him for upgrading our team while also collecting assets. he got us a way better deal in the tmac deal and also got us lowry and dragic for scraps. I think his onlym istake was the twill deal but, he shouldnt be fired for collected assets when all his trades improved the team we had

14. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

As long as we release Martin!!!

15. stmeph

stmeph Member

The only desperate move would be a play for any of NYK's players.

Major deals are gone. I wonder if LAC / ORL is more motivated now to get 2013 cap room to try and woo Paul or Howard to their team to pair them together now that their contracts both expire next season.

NJN should be in more of a panic mode than we are. That's not to say they'll move Williams, but they should definitely be wetting their pants at the prospect of him leaving after giving up so much.

16. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I'll be disappointed as long as Kevin Martin is still on this roster.

17. jhagerdorn

jhagerdorn Member

In Morey We Trust?

SO, if we don't make a trade, what does that REALLY say? Morey is asking too much for his talent? OR(what i propose) is that noone likes dealing with Morey. Already we see that players are not happy with the way he treats them as "numbers" or "assets", but do other GM's not like him as well? Seems every year we get excited about the trade deadline or summer moves, but Morey never seems to land the big fish. Do other teams think he is a snake; and if so, why do we not fire him so that we CAN get talent here in houston? Just a thought..

18. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

It's not going to happen. Don't be silly.

19. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

And the '09ers.

1 person likes this.
  20. Houston288South

The clock is ticking and nothing yet. It's 11:25am...