1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How to get Kandi & Lewis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Drexlerfan22, May 20, 2002.

1. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Here's my scenario:

1. Houston sends #1 and Cato to L.A. for Olowakandi and #12.
    2. Houston sends #12, #15, and Taylor (maybe Thomas instead, if they insist) to Seattle for Lewis and one of their centers (Booth, James, Drobnjak, and Oyedeji).

Next year's team:
    PG: Francis, Norris, Brown
    SG: Mobley, Torres
    SF: Lewis, Rice, Morris
    PF: Griffin, Thomas (maybe Taylor instead)
    C: Olowakandi, (Seattle Center), Collier

This series of trades seems very realistic, and it leaves ZERO big holes in our lineup next year. We emerge with a very nice 8-man rotation, the only ones coming off the bench frequently being Norris, Thomas, and the Seattle Center. We could also use Rice if he was actually healthy (not likely), and we could use Torres if he develops (probably another year).

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

im not sure the clipps will take on catos contract.

i read in a NY paper that the knicks are working out a deal with seattle that would bring baker to NYC for the #7. im not sold on the fact that they might trade for 2 more lotto picks.

im not bashing, i actually like these trades. its a lot better than those houston offers #1 and rice for brand kandi and miles trades.

3. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I'm not sure Sterling (the definition of a penny-pincher) would take on Cato's contract, either. For arguments sake, here are a few 'buts':

1. But... Cato's contract is a good deal smaller than Olowakandi's will be.

2. But... if Sterling knows basketball, he will realize that reliable centers are hard to come by, and Cato (while unspectacular) is a reliable center. And Cato isn't really old, another plus.

3. But... it also makes sense because the Clippers will probably take Jay Williams with the first pick, and Cato would be the perfect insurance policy against the big guy they take with #8 being a bust.