1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How they FEAR the PALIN!...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ROXRAN, Sep 10, 2008.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Obama has now sent in 30 of his uber-immortal warriors to combat the progressive-democrat's enemy known as Governer Sarah Palin....The greatest political threat of the young 21st century.

30 against 1, impressive odds (the spartans would be proud!) and they STILL can't find something worth salt to stick...

http://www.puma08.com/2008/09/09/obamabiden-deploy-a-platoon-of-investigators-to-alaska/

Obama/Biden deploy a Platoon of Investigators to Alaska…
    September 9, 2008 by AD76
    The agent of Hope and Change and his trusty sidekick mentor have deployed a platoon to comb the Alaskan wilderness for dirt on Sarah Palin.

The WSJ had this nugget of information to share:

It’s no surprise, then, that Democrats have airdropped a mini-army of 30 lawyers, investigators and opposition researchers into Anchorage, the state capital Juneau and Mrs. Palin’s hometown of Wasilla to dig into her record and background. My sources report the first wave arrived in Anchorage less than 24 hours after John McCain selected her on August 29.

and

Mrs. Palin will return to Alaska for the first time in nearly two weeks on Wednesday night, when she is scheduled to arrive in Fairbanks. Local Republicans will hold a “Welcome Home” rally for her. You can bet some of the Democratic opposition research contingent will be in the audience taking notes. They’ll be the ones arriving in rental cars and wearing fancy dress shoes from back east.

The level of obsession Team Obama and its Bersekers have with Palin has left the realm of the ridiculous and entered the realm of the bizzare. It seems as if every single day a new rumor is coming out of their camp about something or the other pertaining to her.

The absurdity has reached the point where even FactCheck.org had to suspend investigations and come out with a whole page titled: Sliming Palin where it states inter alia:

Summary
    We’ve been flooded for the past few days with queries about dubious Internet postings and mass e-mail messages making claims about McCain’s running mate, Gov. Palin. We find that many are completely false, or misleading.

Palin did not cut funding for special needs education in Alaska by 62 percent. She didn’t cut it at all. In fact, she tripled per-pupil funding over just three years.
    She did not demand that books be banned from the Wasilla library. Some of the books on a widely circulated list were not even in print at the time. The librarian has said Palin asked a “What if?” question, but the librarian continued in her job through most of Palin’s first term.

She was never a member of the Alaskan Independence Party, a group that wants Alaskans to vote on whether they wish to secede from the United States. She’s been registered as a Republican since May 1982.

Palin never endorsed or supported Pat Buchanan for president. She once wore a Buchanan button as a “courtesy” when he visited Wasilla, but shortly afterward she was appointed to co-chair of the campaign of Steve Forbes in the state.

Palin has not pushed for teaching creationism in Alaska’s schools. She has said that students should be allowed to “debate both sides” of the evolution question, but she also said creationism “doesn’t have to be part of the curriculum.”

Another reference:

http://www.topix.com/forum/us/TLV0MDVVULUUB3HGV

#1 ROXRAN, Sep 10, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I heard this was false, but let's play along....if they did send them in Palin should have nothing to hide, right?

Unless you are worried that she actually has some serious skeletons in her closet.

DD

3. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

:rolleyes:

more lies ---

DNC's Chief Researcher: We Sent "Zero" Oppo-Guys To Alaska

As noted below, the McCain campaign has a new ad out designed to portray Obama as a predator and Sarah Palin as prey by pointing to 30 opposition researchers that the Obama team allegedly sent to Alaska to savage her.

Of course, the article that the ad references doesn't say Obama sent them -- it actually says Democrats sent them.

But the Democratic National Committee's chief of research, Mike Gehrke, tells me that the DNC hasn't sent a single researcher to Alaska. "Zero," Gehrke says.

Gehrke also offered this little gem:

"If I had 30 researchers, they'd be busy trying to keep track of McCain's houses."

http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/09/dncs_chief_researcher_we_sent.php

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

man I want to know if this is true. If it is its awesome and funny and scary at the same time.

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

crap....i hope you are wrong :(

6. Roxfan73

Roxfan73 Rookie

Puma08.com? Seriously?

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

oh those pumas

8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I fear her. I fear her like a nosy Mom who wants to get in my **** and tell me what's what.

She's just so uncomfortable to be around.

9. DaDakota

What no Repubs in here whining about the source? I mean this is a National Enquirer type of place...

DD

10. mc mark

♪ You can get any lies you want

At the mcShame restaurant! ♪

apologies to TheraP

11. hooroo

hooroo Member

I think Puma is quoting the Wall Street Journal.

12. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

The original story has no proof and it was written as a WSJ opinion piece. Mr. Fund needs to provide some kind of proof or retract.

13. ROXRAN

...sigh...I really hate to let DaDakota know about the fact the quote derived from the Wall Street Journal...I take no joy...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122098190668515511.html?mod=rss_opinion_main

As stated, the fear is real...It's real because she is real...She is one of us...Obama's uber-immortal team is finding nothing in exposed desparation...

14. mc mark

I like you ROX but you're embarrassing yourself.

15. DaDakota

O
    P
    I
    N
    I
    O
    N

Learn it, know it, live it.

RoxRan.....you are really struggling today.

DD

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

I can see how DD was mistaken. Rupert Murdoch own the WSJ nowadays.

17. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is ROXRAN basing this story on an opinion piece by a noted wingnut?

Why yes he is.

Is ROXRAN smart enough to know the difference between an opinion piece and a news arcticle?

Apparently not.

18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Is it sad that pretty much every thread in here nowadays starts with some article that is immediately proven to be completely incorrect, then the thread goes on for 5+ pages of squabbling about the source, how to spell analyst, whether Palin is a VPILF or a segregationist, or both?

I know it's election season and all, but is in not possible to actually wait for something to be proven true before reporting it as such?

There used to be a time on this BBS, even in this forum, where you'd feel cool knowing actually true information before a lot of your friends and colleagues because posters on here really got the scoop....oh, the good ole days!

19. ROXRAN

mc mark, I like you too. I wish we could meet in person because I think (unlike some other liberals) I would enjoy the company...BUT...let's think about this opinion piece for a sec...

If there was nothing there,...how could this be written (albeit opinion style) in the prestigous WSJ?

If it was just Puma08 or another fudge blog...I'd put it in the trash. I do my homework before posting...I purposefully omitted the WSJ derivative reference to test those who might jump...I purposefully thought ...:"how could this NOT be the case and allowed to be written?"...unless there is something there...and if it is proven to be fudge, then I will refute the article...

Right now...this carries as much or more credibility than the Alaskan state police union being the sole information of allegations tied to this silly "trooper-gate"...

20. langal

langal Contributing Member

If you're not trying to dig up dirt on an opponent, then you're not trying to win.

Of course, the Democrats are trying to dig up dirt on her and McCain.

Of course, the GOP is doing the same.