1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How many teams will win 60+ games in the 2016-17 season?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Roxfreak724, Dec 17, 2016.

?

How many teams will win 60+ games in the 2016-17 season?

1. 1

2. 2

3. 3

4. 4

5. 5

6. 5+

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

With 5 teams currently having the winning % to potentially hit 60 wins (Warriors, Spurs, Cavs, Rockets, and Clippers) which is pretty remarkable at this point in the season IMO (especially with 4 being in one conference), how many will actually reach that mark?

Poll above. Specify which teams you think will get there, and two bonus questions for responses below:

Will the Warriors win 70+ games?
    Will the Rockets win 60+ games?

If you hate this question, then reverse-jinx the sh** out of this thread.

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I think Warriors, Spurs, Rockets and Cavs do it. Warriors won't get close to 70. That takes a really special year.

3. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I think most teams and the league will be able to this season. Just a lot of high powered offense

4. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Dreamshook says despite Rockets having won 10 straight games, we nees to string together more games before we can predict 55 win season.

He'll take issue with your thread and logic.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is just having fun with us.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. rocketsfan611

rocketsfan611 Member

I say four teams hit 60 wins. Here is my prediction:

Warriors 65-17
    Spurs 62-20
    Cavs 61-21
    Rockets 60-22

Clippers 59-23

And I know you didn't ask for it, but I'm bored. Here's my stab in the dark at how this season shakes out...

QUARTER FINALS

(1) Warriors over (8) Blazers 4-1
    (2) Spurs over (7) Thunder 4-1
    (3) Rockets over (6) Grizzlies 4-3
    (4) Clippers over (5)Jazz 4-2

(1) Cavs over (8) Hawks 4-1
    (2) Raptors over (7) Knicks 4-1
    (3) Celtics over (6) Bulls 4-2
    (5) Bucks over (4) Hornets 4-2

SEMI FINALS

(1) Warriors
    over (4) Clippers 4-2
    (2) Spurs over (3) Rockets 4-3 (We lose a hard fought Game 7 in SA :()

(1) Cavs
    over (5) Bucks 4-2
    (2) Raptors over (3) Celtics 4-3

CONFERENCE FINALS

(1) Warriors over (2) Spurs 4-2
    (1) Cavs over (2) Raptors 4-3

NBA FINALS

Warriors
    over Cavs 4-3 (No LeBron/Kyrie magic this year)

Oh and as I've said previously, Daryl Morey will acquire Anthony Davis to pair with Harden so don't be so sad about my predictions for this year. :p Our time is coming. ;)

hakeem94, Houstunna and ramotadab like this.
  7. Jontro

Jontro Member

i'm gonna be on the safer side with the rockets winning around 50-55.

if we do miraculously hit 60, then i'm afraid we'd have already peaked and be burnt out come playoffs, because that means more regular season minutes for harden and our starters. i'm ok with a 46-50 win and our starters get some much needed rest and be in peak condition to kick ass in the first round.

8. jbasket

jbasket Member

One team, Warriors.

9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Only 3 teams (Warriors, Spurs, and Cavs) hit 60.

GS wins 68
    Rockets win 57

It's fairly rare to have more than one 60-winner in a conference. The East almost had THREE in 2009
    CLE - 66
    BOS - 62
    ORL - 59

10. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Warriors: 67-70
    Spurs: 63-66
    Rockets: 61-64
    Cavs: 59-62
    Clippers: 58-61

11. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

PLUS 54 is a Biggliest Bonus this year for the Home Town Heros......I thought I was in a fever dream last night.......the poor hero is covered in mud, fallen, his sword of truth and all goodliness bent and twisted, the princess has been taken by the wolves. he's drunk on meed......then ? What eh hell ?.....he finds a little special magical acorn .....and the rest is 3History......

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. da_juice

da_juice Member

3- Cavs GSW and Spurs.

13. rocketsfan611

rocketsfan611 Member

So, despite what we've all seen thus far, you honestly feel like the Rockets will go roughly 32-22 to finish the season? If we are healthy, I just don't see anything less than 36-18, which would be 57 wins.

14. bearded

bearded Member

It mostly depends on how the West top seeds will play out towards the end of regular season. If the top 4 are locked in their seeds I don't see anyone other than the Warriors to win more than 60 as I would expect teams to be resting players.

As far as the East goes, unless Cavs and Raptors are neck to neck for the top seed towards the end I don't expect either to reach 60, they will be resting (particularly the Cavs who are notorious for resting).

So to answer the question, 1-2 max, with Warriors a lock.

EDIT: I don't see Warriors reaching 70, that will require some extra effort and I think they learned their lesson last year and they will not chase records this year.

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Right, but you're assuming Ryan Anderson and Eric Gordon will play 82 games each.

To put that into perspective, these guys have played 18 seasons combined, and in 16 of those 18 seasons haven't played more than 66 games. Neither of them has ever played 82 games in a season.

Nene and Beverley are also somewhat injury prone. Dekker started his career with a back injury, though I wouldn't call him injury prone.

Secondly, aside form injuries, the team is scorching hot right now in terms of 3pt shooting. Anderson, Gordon, Ariza and Beverley are shooting at or near career highs in 3pt%. That COULD continue, but it also could normalize. MDA's offense helps them, but by how much?

Finally, we're coming off about 10 games of being mostly at home against mostly terrible teams. We should not underestimate our memory messing with us, associating the team with its most recent performances rather than all of them.

I will say that I would never have predicted we'd be 21-7 right now, so I hope I'm wrong again. But realistically the coaches will make mistakes, the team will overdo 3pt shooting, they will maybe stop improving defensively, we could lose games to injury, players could come into conflict damaging the chemistry, any of these things is realistically possible. If we finish with 55 wins it would be an outstanding success for the team and management. If things go as they've gone before with injuries, 32-22 and 53 wins could be a happy ending for us. If we continue to have great luck and great chemistry, 36-18 and 57 wins is possible too imo.

If we win 60 it would be a historic season for us given the player talent pool.

16. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Cavs, Warriors, Spurs, Rockets are all on pace and Clippers and Raptors are damn close. Jazz and Grizzlies are also sleepers if they regain health.

Kind of annoying that the Rockets go on this epic run and is still just "one of the non-Warriors contenders".

17. OTMax

OTMax Member

No, definitely not. Maybe 2 and it won't be the Rockets.

18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

19. jsingles

jsingles Member

I chose 3 and think it's those 3 teams that do it. Cavs have just zero competition out East, god is that conference an embarrassment.

GS wins somewhere around 65-68 games, resting players at the end of the season will result in 3-4 losses I think. Spurs win right around 60-62. Rockets I'm going with 57 wins and a 3 seed.

20. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

After he kept doing what he did, my sarcasm / anti-jinx meter came back on

daywalker02 likes this.