1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How long will you continue to support this pathetic Texans franchise?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by CometsWin, Oct 4, 2015.

?

How long will you continue to support the Texans?

1. Forevaaaah

81 vote(s)
    37.0%
  2. We just need a QB

62 vote(s)
    28.3%
  3. I'm about done

38 vote(s)
    17.4%
  4. **** this team

38 vote(s)
    17.4%
  1. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So many drama queen little babies. You pick a team and stick with it. Go home and cry to moma if you don't like the outcome. Act like a man and accept you're a fan of ****ty team. You sleep in the bed you make.

1 person likes this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He was just lashing out because he knows he got called out.

3. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Gawd, it was a pathetic 3 days..

4. Nimo

Nimo Member

Detroit, Miami, SF, New Orleans, Baltimore, and Chicago all have franchise QBs and are pretty bad right now.

Carolina, Atlanta, NYG were pretty bad last year with their franchise QBs.

5. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

So now you are ready to sink to Bobby's level of greatness?

Or do you still want to play your old card of "if you are not prepared to suck together and stfu, go change to be a Titans' fan"?

So if I tell you that I have witnessed the "comeback" or should I say the meltdown of the Oilers against the Bills, or if I mention that somehow my sister's babysitter has a former boyfriend and his father' company had built a dog house for Rick Smith, and somehow my posts will become much more convincing and I am now an officially approved Texans fan?

You can do better than that.

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Not picking on you because I see it a lot, but why would anyone actually be embarrassed to be a fan of a team that is playing lousy? Why is it a reflection on a fan when teams play poorly or make questionable personnel decisions?

7. Buck Turgidson

Because I derive my happiness and self-worth from grown men playing kids' games. Duh.

8. macho87

macho87 Member

You're using Franchise QB too loosely

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

If I ever use that term, it's because it is embarrassing under the context of watching grown men play little kids games and doing so very poorly which then makes other fans laugh at your team.

I'm frankly tired of all the psycho-babble surrounding sports fandom. We all post on a freaking internet message boards full of people we never meet, then want to condescend to others who use terms we may not like or feel they're taking things too seriously. The entire concept of sports being a multi-million dollar business is completely ridiculous in the first place.

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

Maybe you are using the wrong word. Maybe you mean elite. Franchise QB is a player a team has decided to stick with and is building around. Wiki says:

"They are signed to lucrative, multi-year contracts.
    They may have "no-trade" or equivalent clauses written into their contracts, giving the player the power to veto any trade in which he is involved.
    They may be promoted as the "face of the franchise" on a local and national basis. This can include the signing of product endorsement deals, media appearances and working with local charities."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franchise_player

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

lol...I hope the Texans kick the crap out of the Colts on Thursday night. But if the Astros win tonight, I can assure you, I won't be watching the Texans on Thursday night.

12. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Well, I won't be doing the same. I quit watching baseball years ago when they became the ALastros and haven't watched a game since then. My disconnect with baseball is total and final but I'm really happy for you that you have something good for which to cheer about.

13. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

OK, here is a great article that really identifies what's going on with the Texans and why they are floundering so far. I hope folks can read this with an open mind because he describes many of the things I see them doing wrong out on the field. Apologies if this has already been posted:

http://www.scout.com/nfl/texans/story/1595546-the-houston-texans-have-no-identity

The Houston Texans Are Closing in on the Tipping Point of the Season

PATRICK STARR
    Monday at 8:13 AM
    The Houston Texans have sprung leaks up and down the organization and it is turning into a 2015 season that can be lost in a hurry.

There are plenty of areas one could blame for the Houston Texans’ problems and it would be near impossible to plug up all the leaks that represent the ongoing issues with the team as a whole. It is getting to be a critical point in the season to monitor the Texans and see how they respond.
    The Texans have been outclassed on the field for essentially four weeks, so how the organization starts correcting issues is the biggest thing they need to figure out.
    Early problems for a Texans team searching for answers include:

The Offense Expanded Too Quickly

When Ryan Fitzpatrick arrived, Bill O’Brien had to teach the offense from the ground up, from basic fundamentals to capitalizing on what Fitzpatrick did well. The Texans had an identity last year: run the ball first and let Fitzpatrick manage the game. It wasn’t the best plan for dominating but the team’s identity was clear and created easy throws to help Fitzpatrick to be successful.
    This year, the Texans went the complete opposite of what made their offense at least productive last year. O’Brien banked too heavily on Brian Hoyer and Ryan Mallett’s knowledge of the offense to force play book growth even more in a single offseason. The play book expanded and Hoyer and Mallett both know what the offense is supposed to look like with a top notch quarterback running the system. This is an offense through which the quarterback is asked to win games with his reads, arm, and controlling all facets of the game. Mallett and Hoyer do not have enough in their quarterback skill set to make a difference by themselves to win the games. The Texans moved away from their fundamentals and have been trying to graduate their offense before finding out what they do best. The team is refusing to run the football and continues to put the ball in their quarterbacks hand to win games, which is not even close to the recipe needed to achieve victory. Either way, the Texans need to condense their playbook and find out what they do best offensively.

Defense Is Stacked … on Paper

Names written on paper do not win games and the Texans are figuring that out in a hurry. If the front seven is supposed to be a strength of the team, it needs to play like it. If the secondary is supposed to be deep at the cornerback position, they need to play like it. Opponents continually run rub routes to get wide receivers open and the secondary cannot stop them. The Texans are not playing fundamental football which is shown in all the penalties, missed tackles, incorrect formations at the line of scrimmage, and the apparent disappearance of all ability to play physical football.
    The Texans continue to make the same mistakes over and over on the field. Now it is turning into a habitual problem for the defense because things have not improved in over four games.
    Offensive Personnel Is Not Being Used Correctly

The Texans have a fullback in Jay Prosch who they only use in short yardage situations and they have SEVEN wide receivers on the roster. They added Chandler Worthy to the active roster to add speed to the team and help on special teams, however he was not even active on Sunday against the Falcons. The Texans only have TWO tight ends on the roster which boxes them in offensively on how much they can do with formations.
    The Texans favorite personnel group is three wide receivers, one tight end, and one running back. They continue to throw the football out of this formation with little success. Offensively, they have turned themselves into a one trick pony offense trying to out gun everyone through the air.

Free Agents Not Adding the Impact Needed

When you sign the likes of Rahim Moore, Vince Wilfork, Cecil Shorts III, and Nate Washington to make a difference, it better happen early. Moore and Wilfork continue to play inconsistently and are not providing the high level of play needed to help this defense. Washington started the season strong and has faded over the past three weeks, ending this past Sunday with injuring a hamstring that knocked him out of the game. Shorts has been the most productive free agent but he too was injured late in the game with a dislocated shoulder.
    Free agents should provide some impact but it has hardly been that though the first month of the season.

Bill O’Brien Needs to Take a Step Back

The Texans are predicated on O’Brien and the message he has sold to his team. Versatility, hard-nosed, and disciplined are key words that sit in the O’Brien vocabulary but they are not being carried out by his players or coaches.
    If taking the play calling duties back will lead to more success, he needs to consider it. If he needs to reshape the roster, he needs to consider it. If he needs to make an example of someone, he needs to consider it. The Texans are depending on O’Brien to make key choices to point this organization in the right direction.

It is getting to a tipping point for the Texans in 2015 and starts with O’Brien doing some soul searching on what is next for his team.

#153 HillBoy, Oct 7, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Yeah I read this. It is dead on.

15. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Until the day I die.

16. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Just STFU and stop watching and supporting and go cry your sad *ss in the corner. No need to draw attention with dumb threads trying to ask what others want to do. :eek:

Bub-bye, bandwagoner.

:) REP for any Tombstone reference. :)

17. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

People get so butthurt in here when fans express dissatisfaction with the Texans, but the GARM is full of threads about random complaints.

Look, you can be from Houston, watch the Texans weekly, be a fan, AND complain. Seriously, what is there not to complain about? Show me some positives.

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Shane Lechler is awesome.

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Because most fans are just happy to have the NFL and really don't care about the product on the field. They want to go get wasted at a tailgate, party at the stadium, then drunk drive their way home. And **** JJ Watt.

20. Rockston

Rockston Member

Haha I don't see what you guys are cheering for. I found zero to rave about on Sunday.