1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How good will Jordan be?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Ranger11, Jun 6, 2001.

1. Ranger11

Ranger11 Member

What Jordan had that really made him so great was his competitiveness, his inner fire that made him HAVE TO win. Bird had it, Russell had it, Hakeem had it, and now Iverson has it. What made Jordan the best was that it (the fire) was coupled with the athleticism of Vince Carter or Kobe. Now Jordan might have lost some athleticism, but if the fire is still there then he will still be as good as Larry Bird in his prime. Larry had the fire, intelligence, shooting ability, passing skills, but limited athletic ability. The 2001-2002 Jordan will have those same traits. So would the Wizards be grateful to a have a player comparable to Larry Bird in his prime, I think so. The question is will Jordan be happy to be only that good.
    -Ranger11 [​IMG]

------------------

2. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

I don't think he'll be as good as he does.

I mean, I was wrong the FIRST time he came back, and I'll be happy to be wrong again...if the guy can come back and dominate again the way he did, it really was a wonder to behold last time, and I'll totally admire him and respect him for it this time. I just don't see it happening.

The guy is NOT going to come out and dominate. How old is he, 38? And on a team where his teammates look like the cast from 'Space Cowboys', they will PROBABLY make the playoffs in the East, but they won't go anywhere. He'll be a GOOD player...but he won't be a top-five player in the league anymore.

I don't understand why he would come out again this year unless he was sure he could dominate again. I guess we'll all see, and I'll have no problem admitting I was wrong, if I am. I just don't see it.

------------------
    Jazzkiller

3. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

I expect him to average around 25-4-4

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."

It's back...

Protrolls.com!

4. Kid Crawford

Kid Crawford Member

Jordan will not be as good, but he will be better than average!

------------------
    PG- McGrady
    SG- Jones
    SF- Thomas
    PF- Brand
    C- O'neal

YOUR 2000-2001 CHICAGO BULLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Guy Can Dream Cant He???

5. Steve_Francis_rules

What an insult to Larry Bird. The guy wasn't that athletic, but he did have some physical abilities. And he was also a far greater shooter than Jordan will ever be.

------------------