1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How far would an All-Rookie team go?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thursdays, Jul 17, 2012.

?

How far would an All Rookie team go in the next regular season?

1. Playoffs

8 vote(s)
    8.0%
  2. Deep playoffs

3 vote(s)
    3.0%
  3. Lottery bound

89 vote(s)
    89.0%
  1. thursdays

thursdays Member

Hot on the trails of our exciting summer league start, I had a question and I wanted to ask the collective wisdom of CF - how well would an average season's All-Rookie team do as a team in the following season?

(Not sure if I'm doing the poll correctly: playoffs, deep playoffs or lottery?)

2. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

depends on the rookies

if you go on average( see Timberwolves, Kings, or Bobcats)

3. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

4. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

You are crazy with that idiotic signature. So Lamb is the next Kobe Bryant? Really? Seriously?

5. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Question: Did you think Russell Westbrook or Kevin Love would be as good as they have turned out to be?

No one knows how good a rookie will be, but Jeremy Lamb has to be potential to be as good a poor mans Kobe if he reaches his potential

6. thursdays

thursdays Member

Sorry, poll up now. Again, this is the All-Rookie team (1st and 2nd) playing in the following season as an nba team.

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

How well did the 08 Seattle Sonics do their first year starting the rebuilding project???

Yeah, and that was with Kevin Durant.

The Rockets would not be a very good team win/loss wise with the current roster. 30 Win team or less.

-If they add Asik, Lin Id say they wouldn't be terrible, but still not a playoff team. 30 to 38 Win team.

-Add Howard & Lin and I think your in the playoffs, how deep depends on the development of surrounding players and additional moves Morey can make with leftover assets. 47 to 52 win team.

1 person likes this.
  8. topfive

topfive CF OG

Fixed it for you.

9. Jimes

Jimes Member

This thread is confusing b/c you're asking about the all-Rookie NBA team, but it's easy to think you mean what would happen if the Rockets started all rookies since it's in the GARM.

Either way though, lottery!

10. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Lmao who voted deep playoffs ? :rolleyes:

I'm guessing 10 wins ... maybe

11. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

I think the question is how the All-Rookie team would do the next season not how a team of all rookies would do. If you give the all rookie team of LeBron, Dwade, Bosh and Melo, I think they could go deep in the playoffs. A typical year I think they would fight for the last playoff spot.

12. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

IMHO a dead on analysis of the situation. I might quibble a little with your win totals, but all in all a very reasonable analysis of the win totals. And yes people, Lin and Howard would mean 50+ wins and perhaps a top 4 seed in the West. Howard's win share is that large.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They'll advance deep into the lottery.

[​IMG]

14. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Ok so after playing with each other for an entire year ... sophomore season .. maybe 20-30 wins.

I think it would take at least 4 years to really be a threat .. The thing is though,how many players on the all-rookie team continue to improve and live up to potential.Some get better and become all-stars but others have that sophomore slump and never live up to those rookie expectations.

15. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

We might not have to worry about our pick being snatched by Atlanta in the next draft due to use having one of the top picks.

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

15-20 wins at best.

17. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

This was last years All Rookie 1st and 2nd teamers.

Kyrie Irving
    Ricky Rubio
    Kenneth Faried
    Klay Thompson
    Iman Shumpert
    Kawhi Leonard
    Brandon Knight
    Chandler Parsons
    Isiah Thomas
    MarShon Brooks
    Derrick Williams
    Tristan Thompson

Even ignoring that the tallest player would be 6'9", that is NOT a winning NBA team.

18. slpntz

slpntz Member

All rookie team will lead you here:

With the 1st pick in the 2013 NBA draft the Houston Rockets select...

Nerlens Noel from the University of Kentucky
    or
    Shabazz Muhammad from the University of California, Los Angeles

19. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I think this is dead on.

If the Rockets don't land some combonation of Lin, Asik and D12 then you better enjoy watching a team grow because while you may see glimpses of greatness your are also going to see a lot of games that are painfully hard to watch. Personally I love to watch a team that is you g and full of potential as long as I have the belief that they are getting better and turning into something special.

20. rocketsfaninala

An all rookie Rockets team? Only one word would need to be said. This image should provide evidence to that word.

[​IMG]