1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How did GOP became the party of alt facts

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pirc1, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Donald Trump is God awful.

However, Donald Trump won and extreme candidates on the Right continue to win in large part because those on the Left have over time developed an extreme arrogance and belief that everyone that doesn't fall in line is stupid, ignorant, trash or an outsider. Until that changes, the Democrats will win on issues but lose more at the polls than they should.

da_juice, Invisible Fan and B-Bob like this.
  2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I think you're correct, not that it's a new idea or anything. It's why Obama was simultaneously loved by a lot of Democrats (oh look, a professorial logic-filled lecture on what we should obviously be doing!) and hated by a lot of the Right (oh great, a professorial lecture on how I should think and feel. Thanks a lot.)

da_juice and Invisible Fan like this.
  3. TheresTheDagger

I've tried to engage you Sweet Lou (despite how personal you get). Other posters here like B-Bob, Nook, Dandortik, and Franchise Blade (among others) here are worthy of discourse and I will continue with them. But I think you are a lost soul...so overcome with petty anger and self righteousness that anyone that could have a different world view MUST be "arrogant" and "sickening" and "frightening". People like myself and BigDog and Bobby aren't the enemy. We are the neighbors next door that would be there in a heartbeat in real life to give you a hand if needed. In BigDog's case, I've witnessed it first hand.

I'm sure you'll find some way to flip that into a negative though. That's your role here I guess.

That's the sign of a closed mind and so like other conservatives before me here have done, I reluctantly am going to put you on ignore. Perhaps it's better for all of us.

I do wish you well.

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I honestly believe all of that, except for the Bobby part. I'm pretty sure he would watch my house burn down and make quips about how I should have upgraded my fire extinguisher and smoke alarms (absent any information about the history of my smoke alarms and fire extinguisher, mind you). :D

5. TheresTheDagger

LOL. Touche.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

In fairness, I'd wait till everyone was out of the house first.

B-Bob likes this.
  7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You complain about self-righteousness, then proceed to write this self-righteous post. You don't even know what self-righteous means obviously.

The arrogance of your post is hilarious. Only a weak person needing attention must announce putting someone on ignore, all the while attacking them.

Your ignorance is frightening and disturbing, and it makes sense you would run away instead of being open-minded to why. The hardest thing is to challenge one's own ideas.

I have done that. The proof is there, I spent years embracing the conservative viewpoint to understand it. And that process actually did make me respect some conservative principles.

Good riddance, I am sure you can't read this. And I don't mind being put on ignore, because I think folks like FB, and BBob deserve far more respect than they get on here, but sadly, they are wasting their time with folks like you.

And the suggestion that I wouldn't help you in a tragedy is disgusting.

#87 Sweet Lou 4 2, Feb 7, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2017