1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How did GOP became the party of alt facts

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pirc1, Jan 31, 2017.

1. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

You just disappear when you get proven wrong. Like that cabinet appointment thread where I presented you with facts and you said it wasn't because you were too lazy to read the material. You spew partisan crap in the face of facts.

DudeWah likes this.
  2. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

You posted links to websites after I called you on bs statistics and told me your stats were in there somewhere... they aren't.

Good day.

3. London'sBurning

Swing and a miss. I know reading is tough and 38 pages seems like a lot of work but I believe in you okierock. You can do it! Reading! Try it!

4. okierock

Oh I didn't read it and won't be reading it and neither did anyone else on this board... including you most likely.

The good thing for me is, I don't care... but the fact that you brought up that thread in this one shows me just how much you care. I want you to know that I'm touched and I thank you for your concern.

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Seeing the trends of Whiteness vs non-Whiteness. Alt facts is just acceptance of facts that support protection against the inevitable decline of Whiteness over the next few decades and beyond. Has been brewing since probably the civil right movement.

6. London'sBurning

Lol you made a post on this thread talking about facts while dismissing facts because you're too lazy to read. And I did read it. Others on this board did too that verified the stats I gave you. You're like a kid that thinks facts disappear if you don't have to look at them. Not true. Again I know reading can be difficult for some but it's a worthwhile experience and I recommend you do more of it sometime.

7. Nook

Nook Member

All I know is that the GOP controls EVERYTHING.

They have the White House.... they have the majority in the Senate....they have a majority in the House......they have an incredible 2:1 majority in Governorships..... they have the majority in the Supreme Court.

For all the insanity and all the hysteria (justified or not); the reality is the Republicans have control and they obviously are resonating with a good number of people.

DudeWah likes this.
  8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Here's a perfect example. Upset with Democratic senators boycotting hearings for two cabinet nominees until the two nominees provide answers to questions about alleged lies and unethical behavior, the republicans changed the committee rules to pass the two nominees with the Democrats being present. The republicans claim they had to because of the Democrats "unprecedented behavior. "

Even ignoring the fact that republicans didn't even allow Garland to be considered... the republicans actually did the very same thing to two Obama nominees:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powe...87d6e6a3e7c_story.html?utm_term=.2c666c7a95cf

Alternate facts. Yet you watch how republican senators and the trump administration repeat this lie throughout the day.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

A bunch of people with money deliberately dismantled the middle class thereby eradicating the informed voter.

They then convinced a huge number of the poor that their problems are caused by immigrants and liberals.

And now here we are.

DudeWah likes this.
  10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

A good number, but not nearly enough to explain the outcome.

[​IMG]

Rashmon likes this.
  11. okierock

Your like a kid that thinks statistics and facts are the same thing...

12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Reagan/Bush? Trickle-down economics? The GOP has been in a self-centered self-delusion since Nixon.

13. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

That was the core DOP ideal, you cannot expect them to not do it. I would expect any GOP president to try to cut tax and reduce regulation, it is in their blood. However, they do not go crazy and do try to ignore court order, hold press conference to tell a verifiable lie, freeze entrance from some muslim countries but not not other equally dangerous countries. That was only the first week in office.

14. London'sBurning

You're like that old man that thinks vague generalities from talking points on TV are facts. I bet you think gut instinct are facts.

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Even George bush realized trickle down economics was BS. The true magic of Reagan was massive government spending.

16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Trump is great. 'Any negative polls are fake news', Trump. Guess who will agree.

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I saw that he believes that. What a joke.

18. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Same way the alft-left is currently doing the same thing (and has in the past). No different. Confirmation bias is a strong beast.

19. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

You are wrong, the left never even came close to the level of altering facts or creating facts out of thin air like this administration have done in only its first week in office.

20. okierock

Confirmed...