1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How can one find a ruling of a civil court case?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Blatz, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I'm trying to find the ruling of a local civil case against a POA. I don't have a case number or date but I do know all parties involved. The ruling was last month or at least within the last 2 months. The ruling wasn't for the whole case just part of it. Is it possible to get that information and if it is how?

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Should be able to call the court for help it's all public record.

TWS1986, IBTL and Blatz like this.
  3. Blatz

So it is considered public records?

4. Blatz

The county clerk sent me to the district clerk where I was able to get copies for the last few months. I thought I tried them before but I guess I didn't. It's not completely over but it is now confirmed that my mother's POA is a bunch of fricking lying criminals preying on the elderly.

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

6. SuraGotMadHops

Set up a free account at the Harris County District Clerk website, then you can search and view any civil or criminal record for any case.

Nook and RustyHarden like this.
  7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, as stated above, some counties are fully open or you can join for free and do your own search. I will tell you on some sites... It can be tricky ie being vague (using only one parties last name) or even using wildcard searches will probably yield better results. Some of these counties software is a joke on search. I've seen some so bad... That typing in everything perfectly yielded no results.

One other option is using Googles site function search - assuming it was indexed.

RustyHarden and Blatz like this.
  8. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

https://www.hcdistrictclerk.com/Edocs/Public/search.aspx

Use this link if it's Harris County. Without the cause number it can be difficult to access... especially if the case is still open

CCity Zero likes this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

I don’t know about in Texas, but in Illinois you can get copies of all orders entered from the clerk located (usually) in the courthouse.