1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How are we going to defend the Warriors?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Apr 27, 2019.

1. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

You start a thread using someone else's post, specifically against their wishes. . . . You're just simply being an a'hole.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So outline the scenario please. Who is Capela guarding that sets a pick for Curry resulting in trouble. Since it's not Green who is it? Durant? How did Capela get switched on to Durant then? How is this scenario coming about? If Capela is on Green and you aren't going to have Green set the pick - what on earth are you complaining about?

The only way you end up with Capela on Curry is if there is a scramble - and that also means more turnovers.

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

My speculation is that KD won't be as diligent to get into the post and will *settle* for medium range jump shots. The Rocket guards will be physical with him, be forceful, and I think KD will settle. That said, he could pile up points from there like in the LAC series. Who knows? But i bet the Rockets will apply enough force for KD to *settle.* Rockets just have to hope to hold KD to 30pts instead of 45pts.

topfive likes this.
  4. biff17

biff17 Member

Interesting, I had not thought of that curry also has been picking up a lot of could which bodes well.

I guess he could guard Tucker?

BigShasta likes this.
  5. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This^^^^

Now, answer the question!! : )-

[​IMG]

topfive likes this.
  6. topfive

topfive CF OG

Great recap, but you forgot one: "We'll never beat these guys with Capela as our starting center."

Os Trigonum and chadyang like this.
  7. basketballholic

Pretty accurate for game 1. And he did not make them.

8. basketballholic

Draymond.

Who then receives the ball back as the playmaker going downhill.

9. basketballholic

The a'jole (intentional misspell) is the dude that attempts to hijack a thread specifically against their wishes. I simply responded.

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Generally speaking,I thought the Rockets defended the Warriors well (limiting Curry/Thompson open looks and transition open looks). Rockets lost the rebound battle and that was a significant. Rockets could stand to shoot better.

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

I'm so pissed off about this Scott Foster thing that I'm letting off steam by bumping this thread to share my awesome new discovery with you guys...

Don't block Holic; instead, just starting reading his posts in the voice of Dwight Schrute. You'll thank me.

[​IMG]

mikeiah and justtxyank like this.
  12. basketballholic

What do you see as the defensive problem guys?

13. basketballholic

14. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

The smart people are no longer talking about how to beat the Warriors - those posts are irrelevant at this point for everyone except the Blazers and Bucks. That ship has sailed - let's all move on. GS more than likely will not be the same team next year. Durant, Klay, Boogie, Iguadala, and Livingston are all question marks with likely several leaving/retiring. Additionally, Giannis is actually physically unstoppable right now and will likely buzzsaw easily through Golden State a week from now and the Bucks will be the new "how do we beat this team" focus.

At this point Houston has to figure out how to be the best version of what they do and do it well enough to impose it on someone else while keeping an eye on how to defend Giannis in some future matchup. Even if we did manage to beat GS this year, we would have also been slaughtered by the Bucks anyway - it's inevitable because that is the new team with a physically unstoppable player. If we are still measuring ourselves next season by trying to achieve last year's goals, we have already lost.

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol cf blaming harden for not being clutch and choking the series vs warriors

and they lost to @basketballholic !!!

16. basketballholic

You know what's really funny??

Two years now. Two years. And some of them STILL don't get it.