1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Sports media, writers & bloggers owe Jalen Green a apology

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketchamp, Mar 23, 2024.

1. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Did the caps help you feel better?

topfive likes this.
  2. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

YOUR MOM DID

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

4. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

I agree that's selling too low. I'd honestly probably package him with picks and see if we could get Trae Young. Probably a long shot but I'd kick the tires. Jackson from the Grizx wouldn't be terrible either

5. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

A mother joke. If you don't mind me asking how old are you?

6. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

OLD ENOUGH TO BE YOUR DAD

7. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

You definitely aren't old enough to be my father.

How about we drop the childish stuff, stop ruining the thread and talk basketball?

8. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

YOUR MOMS VAGINA IS THE SIZE OF A BASKETBALL

9. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Yeah I'm done with you. Go tell these lame jokes to the other middle schoolers

10. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I'm arguing with thar dumb Jalen Green fan. Pay attention.

11. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Shut the **** up

12. mightybosstone

Per NBA.com, Jalen shot 27.4% on wide open 3-pointers pre-All-Star break. He's shooting 46.8% post-All-Star break.

It makes very little difference where his defender is on those perimeter shots. He's simply making shots he was bricking all season long. Quit making excuses; it's OK to admit that a player you like was playing poorly.

Also, quit blaming other players as the sole excuse for why another player underperformed. It's inaccuate and pretty toxic.

clutchdabear and Joe Rocket like this.
  13. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Same with the posters who take a stand to hate an obviously gifted player who haven't let the story play out. It's looking like Jalen may have turned the corner. He's become a test case for Udoka as a great motivator. This is becoming a good story on 2 fronts and why trading him would have been dumb as ****.

Arnel likes this.
  14. meh

meh Contributing Member

Once upon a time, a streak like this would result in threads about wondering if Jalen can keep it up, if hes finally turned the corner, what allowed him to improve, what he can do to sustain this into the next year, something he could not do following his rookie and sophomore hot streaks at end of year.

But in 2024, after just a hot stretch of 10 games, we are talking about how everyone is wrong and should feel bad about being wrong.

Joe Rocket likes this.
  15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Udoka benched him but also started him every game.

topfive likes this.
  16. Arnel

Arnel Member

[​IMG]

17. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

He went like 1-10 from 3 and still finished about 50fg% lol. This isn't just about his 3pt, the whole court has opened up without Sengun. Jalen's hitting his shot bc the court is wide open

18. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Again this is not true. Jalen has been shooting better since allstar break with Sengun. You keep posting these assertions without proof because you have none. Part of the reason Jalen was such a poor shooter is because he was one of the worst in the league at shooting WIDE OPEN SHOTS. His best shots have been step backs before allstar break. SO what you are saying is not true at all and youre just talking out of your ass. Two games ago Jalen had one of his horrible 4-14 three point games without Sengun and no one cared because we won. You really need to stop making **** you ****ing troll.

#158 Joe Rocket, Mar 24, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2024
  19. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

Keep white-knighting for Jalen and defend him for playing like a girl during his bad streak. I can guarantee you, if anyone were to tell him he played like a girl, Jalen wouldn't give a s*** either or would confirm that yea he was playing too soft.

Oh no, you pulled out the "I work in sports with youth development" card. Big whoopdeedoo. If you actually played or worked in any serious sports environment, we would say stuff 100x more offensive than telling someone off for playing like a girl. Go to any girls sports team and tell them they are playing like girls? Do you really think they would get offended? Or do you have to tell them they are playing like boys...?

You're the one who assumed I gave basketball analysis. I just stated purely facts - that's not analysis. Jalen Green backed down from Austin Reeves and let him walk all over him - facts. Jalen Green was passive aggressive and blamed Udoka, the pace, the system in post-game pressers - facts. This is not some analysis or critique... it's what happened.

This is my last post on this matter. But seriously, learn to be more lighthearted. It helps. And stop being so oversensitive that you have to oblige yourself to get offended in any way possible for meaningless s***. It's folks like you who think they have to defend everything and everyone for every damn little meaningless thing that you've lost the meaning of what you were actually defending for in the first place. Instead, you make it your mission to try to make everything and everyone around you miserable. Go ahead and call me a bigoted moron and assume everything about me - that sure makes you look so much better right? Funny how you're the first one to attack someone's character every time stuff like this happens... sure makes you look so much more righteous.

20. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Yeah you're a idiot lol. My point is his OVERALL play is better not just shooting. He's shooting, getting to the rim & dunking on ppl, running the break etc..There is more space & opportunities with Sengun out. The team is running alot easier