1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Rockets Summer League

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Jun 15, 2017.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.chron.com/sports/rockets...dditions-to-summer-league-roster-11243036.php

The Rockets summer league team on Friday took shape with some interesting names filling out the roster with the current prospects and recent draft picks.

The Rockets reached agreement with Ray McCallum Jr., a person with knowledge of the deal said. McCallum Jr. has played with the Kings, Grizzlies, Spurs and Hornets.

The Rockets also had reached agreements with three prospects that went undrafted on Thursday, Nevada forward Cameron Oliver, Louisiana Tech forward Erik McCree, and Georgetown guard L.J. Peak.

On Friday, the Rockets added Brazilian guard George de Paulo, Duke guard Matt Jones and Vipers forward Chris Johnson.

For the Rockets, the summer league is considered especially important for current players Kyle Wiltjer, Isaiah Taylor, Chinanu Onuaku and restricted free agent Troy Williams, along with the team's second-round picks the past two seasons, Zhou Qi and Isaiah Hartenstein.

Sam Dekker and Montrezl Harrell also are expected to be on the summer roster, though it is uncertain whether they will play in Las Vegas.​

Vivi and kjayp like this.
  2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Smart plan... it's gotten huge - and the weekends have become ridiculous...lol

It ain't like it was 8 years ago... there's no sidling up to the likes of Elgin Baylor, Danny Ainge or JVG in the stands anymore - glad I got my autographs when I did - lol!

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

I remember watching Magic and Snoop from the third row in the Pyramid at Long Beach. All-day ticket was about $10 for 3-4 games.

4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Too cool! Yeh, Vegas was killer back when it started... Got autos from Chris paul, Elgin Baylor, Chris Mullin, Ainge, Mchale, etc.... all these guys were just sittin in the stands with us common folks...
    i remember just walking up to JVG and asking if we were gonna retain Mike James... talkiing with George Karl... Rick Adelman...
    Moreys first or second year with us, he actually came up to me and shook my hand and thanked me for my vocal support for our guys in the game that had just ended...
    Guys would come out of the locker room with gear in hand... just walking along... I remember I asked Chuck Hayes for an auto and dude literally dropped his stuff to sign - lol - I told him I'd have been happy to hold his gear - lol
    all for like $10-$20 a day...

Now everybody of note is sectioned off... players come and go through the back hallways...

still cool to watch from the stands... but not like it was...

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Didn't know where to post this ... cute. Whats the name of the thread to post Rockets instagrams and other social media?

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

8. lionaire

lionaire Member

9. Beebo1911

Beebo1911 Member

what happened to Gary Payton jr

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Signed with the Bucks during last season, not sure if he's still there though.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

#31 J.R., Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    No Worries likes this.
  12. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

last time I went it was super crowded (weekend though) but players were still a bit accessible just were crowded. I was hoping during the weekend it wont be as bad. It sucks that players though go through back hallways. It was always cool just seeing the rookies and all just in a more normal environment. Either way I am still looking forward to it.

tinman likes this.
  13. Zergling

Zergling Member

76ers vs Lakers will be must-see TV. Would be stupid of the NBA/ESPN to not market the crap out of that.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

this game and Monday night Lakers/Kings will probably be the most hyped games for the SL prior to any playoff games.

16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Vivi likes this.
  17. jogo

jogo Member

Potential Lineup if non-guarantees are traded:

C Onu, Hartenstein
    PF Qi Oliver McCree C Johnson (I want Long kept but he's probably gone)
    SF Matt Jones Uthoff (he's probably gone) Williams? (we have to resign him)
    SG Peak Dawson Bryson
    PG Taylor McCallum Jr de Paula

Any one I'm missing? Where does Qi play primarily? Who are you most interested to see play?

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Clyde's son is on the team. I like it!

[​IMG]

19. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

On paper that squad has a chance to win the Summer League title.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

"We have 5 Summer League titles over the last 11 years, good for 3rd best in the NBA. We've had the 2nd best record in the NBA during my time. We're the 4th best drafting team during that same period." - Daryl probably ;)

Snow Villiers likes this.