1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston pursuing Ty Lue

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, May 28, 2019.

1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

One is a champion, one is not.

I appreciate Bzdelik quite a bit, but ships DO matter.

Not a huge Lue fan, but he was not afraid to chew LeBron’s ass.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Two bad Juwon Shades Howard ain't available.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

snowconeman22 likes this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

If Lue were to be hired I would think some of his Cavs defensive staff would be brought in as well. My article mentioned one of those names.

amaru, LUK3 and J Sizzle like this.
  4. topfive

topfive CF OG

Better him than Kenny Smith.

Vivi and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  5. BullRider

BullRider Member

not a fan. I would not understand this hire.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  6. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

i dont believe the rockets want to give him an extension.. MDA has came out and stated he wants to stay, but Morey is not here trying
    to lure Lue just for an assistant..

snowconeman22 likes this.
  7. justtxyank

Feigen, Shams and Woj have all reported that the sides are discussing an extension. D'Antoni himself has said his agent is having discussions with the team and thinks it will get it done.

8. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

well see man.. bringing a 68 year old coach for another 3 years, i dont think they really want too.. I think they are back tracking on this extension.
    look at Portland- it was done right after their playoff run.. what is taking so long? also a report from Stein (regarding their is people in coaching circles thinking rockets are trying to push MDA away..

9. HP3

HP3 Member

For now im gonna trust what people are reporting directly instead of what Stein is reporting about what other Coaches "think."

justtxyank likes this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

He played a big part in making adjustments the year the Cavs beat the Warriors. He pushed them into transition and also made strong substitutions.

He isn't some sort of elite strategic coach like Larry Brown or Gregg Popovich or D'Antoni. He is more of a guy that keeps everyone on the same page, accountable and will step in when things start to go south.

My initial thought when I saw Lue mentioned was "The Rockets are looking for a baby sitter for CP3, Harden and the veterans" and fans will run with that depiction, but what I mean is Lue is someone for the players to lean on like a really good uncle. He isn't some master planner or defensive guru. It also tells me that the Rockets choice as a head defensive coach may surprise people.

Stormy1234 and amaru like this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

It isn't just you, it looked sad and forced. You have a bunch of old guys sitting in a backyard trying so hard to have fun and it just didn't look like they were having much fun. The sad "King crowns"...... a bunch of bitter dudes out there rehashing stories for the 100th time.

12. justtxyank

I'm GUESSING that the Rockets are offering a 1 year extension and DAntoni wants 3.

13. justtxyank

When I see stuff like that I'm reminded of Tywin Lannister educating Joffrey about men who have to say they are kings not really being ones at all.

Nook likes this.
  14. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Can’t say for sure, but what I can say for sure is that he’s done more in life than you have.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Tyrion Lue will betray Dan Tony!

[​IMG]

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. Fantasma Negro

This, bring him home. He's not ready for the big chair yet but they could bring him in and let him learn while contributing as an assistant. Once MDA burns out Shane is the man

18. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

19. Nook

Nook Member

FWIW You are talking about the Associate Head Coach and the Rockets have already attempted to speak to him through the proper channels. He is well thought of and has a good pedigree, but his results have been mixed.

20. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Entitled to your opinion but I think you are so wrong for many reasons. I'll quote myself from last week because I've been all over this for a while.