1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Cougars Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Chopped, Aug 29, 2011.

1. OpportunityCost

610 is coming off looking very childish, immature, and unprofessional IMO.

2. rocketry

rocketry Member

They have to have been reprimanded for that UGAInsider fiasco, that was just stupid. No excuse for it.

And now this . . . what the hell is going on at 610?

3. OpportunityCost

At 610 Radio, the inmates have taken over the asylum.

4. Aware

Aware Member

Very immature.

Credit to Lopez for being the first to report mutual interest between Allen and UH. Who knows whether or not there was a meeting in Houston.

The 610 guys ran with the reports that Herman had an agreement with SC as well as the UGA Insider thing lol

I get that Lopez has ties with Aggy but i'm not sure they have a clue about whats going on at UH. Duarte has done a great job covering the coogs and Berman only reports facts.

Gotta be team Duarte here

5. OpportunityCost

The "erroneous" report by John Lopez is just sad. Below is a snippet from an article on Kyle coming to Houston.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/kyle-allen-houston-texas-am-oklahoma-010516

Because of the timing of Allen's transfer occurring during an NCAA dead period, he wasn't able to visit any of the colleges before making his choice. A few days after he got back home to Arizona, his mom came to him puzzled when she found an online report claiming that he had visited Houston and met with Herman.

"I was actually still in Arizona and haven't left here since I got back from A&M Dec. 12," he said regarding the erroneous report. "I never got to see anyone [or any of the schools]. It was all just phone calls.

6. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Herman will be on 610 tomorrow morning. The showdown :grin:

7. Nook

Nook Member

Anyone that has met and spent more than 5 minutes with Herman can tell how bright he is..... This isn't going to be pretty if they try to attack him.

8. OpportunityCost

[​IMG]

9. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I really hate John Lopez. That guy is the worst on radio. I haven't listened to 610 morning in yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeears. I'm sure it's still bad. John Lopez wears women undergarments. He's that dude.

10. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

When Herman was at Rice, that was his nickname: "Mensa"

11. OpportunityCost

I am starting to think that this was some ridiculous ploy by 610 to get people talking about 610.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Lopez and McClain. We've got the worst football media members in America. Both college AND pro!

13. Aware

Aware Member

Could be a ploy

I mean 610 is the last place you tune into to hear anything UH related. 790 carries UH games and they have Matt Thomas. ESPN has Fred Faour. Does 610 have any ties to UH?

A bit late to try to jump on our sack now, 610

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

Throughout the season, Herman was on 610 once a week for the a segment. I believe Wed afternoons.

15. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

only time i listen to 610 is when the texans play. any other time, 790.

16. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I don't even listen to 610 to listen to Texans games. I put it on their sister station 100.3

1 person likes this.
  17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

610 really blows. It's just nothing like the quality of years past before they went guy talk radio. Pendergast is the worst. His show is the radio gossip version of Talk Soup and it should be put out to pasture.

18. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

Meanwhile, 790 has new morning show? When did that happen and why? Enjoyed Matt Thomas show, entertaining to say the least.

19. Poloshirtbandit

They did some shuffling. MT is on with Lance from 6 am to 10 am now.

20. the shark

the shark Member

Herman is going to make Lopez look like the fool he is. No doubt Lopez will stick to not revealing his so called "source".

Lopez is NOT an advocate of UH.

Also, extremely laughable reading Lopez talk about the time he's spent in the industry and his "reputation". This dude is known to be a jack ass!!!

Would LOVE to hear this conversation this morning, however will be tied up and thus not able to listen. Anyone able to record it, and post it on here afterwards?