1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

House vs Green & Tucker.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, Feb 22, 2019.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

House is neither taller (6'7 vs. 6'8) nor longer than Ariza (Ariza has 7'3 wingspan).

But it's time to bring him back and stabilize team's rotation and chemistry.

CP3/Rivers
    Harden/EGo
    Tucker/Shump/Green
    Faried/House/Clark
    Capela/Nene

HP3 and deb4rockets like this.
  2. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

No one played more minutes last night than they would expect in a playoff game besides Rivers (34) and Nene (16), and Faried (33) but not by much.

Surely, with Harden in the line-up that would bring those numbers down to that typical of a playoff rotation. Also, Clint was in foul trouble, probably could have taken a few more minutes off Nene. Where is House going to get his minutes if we’re healthy? Maybe Green. But is there assurance he won’t complain or accuse the staff of wanting to lower his value at an inconvenient time?

Still say we should sign him when the time makes sense but it’s not all that obvious a move. If Von Wafer caused a stink during a playoff game....

EDIT: Forgot we also have Shump

3. HP3

HP3 Member

I’m not gonna say I told you so, but the next time someone wants to bump this thread remember who our best defender is. Don’t just watch one side of the ball.

DaDakota, DVauthrin and roslolian like this.
  4. jowman

jowman Member

Having House back ideally would bump Shumpert out of the rotation. Dude is a scrub at this point and offers nothing. He’ll have one good reg season game every 10 games or so but should get no minutes in the playoffs barring injuries.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

There’s one person that’s been dumped from the rotation And it isn’t shump

roslolian likes this.
  6. carib

carib Member

Not focused on knocking Shumpert. There will be probably game situations or playoff match ups where his defensive skills will be there for MDA to utilize. For now he needs to get healthy and be a player MDA can pull off the bench when needed to lock down an opposing wing in addition to Tucker and Rivers on guards.

bj3175 likes this.
  7. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

what the hell is this clown talking about again ?

Something is very wrong with you my man. Think the only thing ive ever said about tucker is he needs to stop playing 40 minutes a night

8. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

@HP3 you liked that post bro ?! Unlike that IMMEDIATELY! You are better than this

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

Oh right Do you really need to be quoted. Don’t try to back out now. This team is trash is what one of your post said a few days ago. you took the time to tag me in this thread. dont get upset you're getting what you asked for

better yet.

[​IMG]

10. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Yes! Very good! This team does indeed look very very ****ing bad when we continuously collapse against lottery teams !!!

But heres your landrys employee of the month award brother. Enjoy! Youve really proved yourself recently

[​IMG]

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah definitely. so long as you continue to tag me and look foolish, Ill continue to make sure you get everything you deserve crybaby. i welcome it all

LMFAO

12. HP3

HP3 Member

Lol, well I disagree that the team is trash(though theyve been playing like it) but yea you're right, you aint never said anything out of pocket about Tucker haha.

jerryclark likes this.
  13. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

yeah that was kind of directed at you ? No offense but at this point I just have to assume someone gave birth to you on a sidewalk or something

14. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Im going to have to ask you to stop harassing me btw. I dont feel safe

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

Doesn’t matter who it’s directed at. You took the time to tag me. Here I am. You have no one to blame but yourself

16. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

“Man what” :rolleyes:

18. bj3175

bj3175 Member

we need all these dudes because matchups and injury are apart of the game as we well know. We need to reduce Cp3 and Hardens minutes

Hakeemtheking and carib like this.
  19. Zergling

Zergling Member

Look at actual stats that aren't outdated. House when he was a starter was straight up one of our best players. He was our 4th best player behind Harden/CP3/Capela. Look at his net rating and the team's performance while he was on the court, and compare those to P.J. Tucker's. The Rockets 3pt% and DREB% with him on the court were incredibly good. On the other hand, the teams' DREB% with Tucker on the court were horrible, though a big part of that is the coaches stupidly starting him at the 4 where he's helplessly undersized.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Numbers based in 22 games isn't that accurate, just a small sample size so I dunmo wtf you can glean from that.

If House was really that good, how come he isn't tearing it up in the DLeague? 4th best player in the team meaning better than Eric Gordon who is making 14M and PJ Tucker making 7M? Omg! What is House worth then? 16M? 18M? That kind of player should be scoring 50 a night in the DLeague and not get out produced by Hartenstein and Terrence Jones.

Danuel House GLeague: 21.5 pta 4.8 rebs 3.5 assist
    Hartenstein: 19.2 pts 15.2 rebs 4.1 assist
    Terrence Jones: 23.5 pts 9.6 rebs 5.1 assist

Take note all 3 of these guys are playing in the same level of competition if House is so good he is better than somebody making 14M why is he not the best player on RGV? If you think House is amazing wtf is Hartenstein still on the GLeague, because his stats blow House out of the water.

He is supposed to increase Rockets rebounding and 3 pt percentage why is he only getting 4 rebs a night and shooting 33% in the GLeague? Tucker is getting 6 rebs a night and 36% 3 pt IN THE NBA.

Tucker put up better numbers in the NBa than House in freaking GLeague. Get outta here. He also locked up KD all night 1v1, if House is that good on defense GLeague opponents wouldn't be able to score on him.

You want me to look at stats that arent outdated but House's NBA stats are like 2 mos old by now. He is currently in the GLeague and in his last game he got 27 pts and 4 rebs but Hartenstein got 24 and 18. Can't even get 10 rebs in the GLeague but is supposed to increase Rockets rebounding percentage. LULZ.