1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hot wing recipe

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocketsRed14, Feb 9, 2013.

Tags:
  1. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Wanting to make some tomorrow and if Anyone has any of their favorite recipes they'd be willing to share? Would be greatly appreciated.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

Drench them in liquid chocolate. Prepare boner. fap. win.

[​IMG]
    BOOYAKASHA!

3. 713

713 Member

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/restaurant-style-buffalo-chicken-wings/

1/2 cup all-purpose flour

1/4 teaspoon paprika

1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1/4 teaspoon salt

10 chicken wings

oil for deep frying

1/4 cup butter

1/4 cup hot sauce

1 dash ground black pepper

1 dash garlic powder

In a small bowl mix together the flour, paprika, cayenne pepper and salt. Place chicken wings in a large nonporous glass dish or bowl and sprinkle flour mixture over them until they are evenly coated. Cover dish or bowl and refrigerate for 60 to 90 minutes.

Heat oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). The oil should be just enough to cover wings entirely, an inch or so deep. Combine the butter, hot sauce, pepper and garlic powder in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir together and heat until butter is melted and mixture is well blended. Remove from heat and reserve for serving.

Fry coated wings in hot oil for 10 to 15 minutes, or until parts of wings begin to turn brown. Remove from heat, place wings in serving bowl, add hot sauce mixture and stir together. Serve.

4. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

Grill two pallets of wings until skin is crispy.

Make two foil pouches and put half in each.

Add a bottle of Budweiser wing sauce to one and Tipsy Jerk sauce in the other.

Keep pouches over low or indirect heat for 20 min or so - the smell will let you know.

Been a staple of weekends in the driveway with neighbors for about five years.

You're welcome.

:)

1 person likes this.
  5. 713

713 Member

For BBQ wings. THis is the GOAT sauce

[​IMG]

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-T-ed0V0gh8#t=3m57s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Fap before, after, or during consumption? What if I'm in the NoFap challenge? Jk, looks like a more like a dessert.

8. ontherox21

ontherox21 Member

No sure if you have a fryer it not...if you don't you should try Alton Browns recipe. He steams the first, to render out some fat and the bakes them in the oven. I tossed mine in Stubbs wing sauce. Turned out really good

9. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

I have a fryer. What's the best method? Baking, grilling, or deep frying? I was thinking about grilling. Don't like using oven.

10. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Original recipe makes 10 servings Change Servings

Wings:

1/2 cup soy sauce

1/2 cup Italian-style salad dressing

3 pounds chicken wings, cut apart at joints, wing tips discarded

Sauce:

1/4 cup butter

1 teaspoon soy sauce

1/4 cup hot pepper sauce (such as Frank's RedHot®), or to taste

Check All Add to Shopping List
    Directions

Combine 1/2 cup soy sauce, Italian dressing, and chicken wings in a large, zip-top bag. Close bag and refrigerate 4 hours to overnight.
    Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat. In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Stir in the 1 teaspoon soy sauce and the hot pepper sauce. Turn off heat and reserve.
    Remove the chicken wings from the marinade and pat dry. Cook the wings on the preheated grill, turning occasionally, until the chicken is well browned and no longer pink, 25 to 30 minutes.
    Place grilled wings in a large bowl. Pour butter sauce over wings; toss to mix well.

From Allrecipes.com. I've used this one and they turned out really good.

My favorite:

Lime juice, cayenne, paprika, a little cumin, garlic power, salt and pepper. Marinate wings over night and grill on med. heat.

#10 R0ckets03, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  11. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Thanks R0ckets03, Rednation told me about your vast knowledge of wings. Will be trying the favorite first. They all Sound awesome.

12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I like Dino's BBQ wings.

They grill the wings so it has that smokey flavor and they are juicy as well. Their sauce selection is fantastic as well.

Call them up and ask i they will share the recipe with you!

13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

14. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Thanks everyone! Will share results tomorrow.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

don't forget butter. Most recipes don't include enough ... imo

16. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

How much is typically used?

17. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

i made some last month.

I did it in the oven instead of frying them.

I didn't measure as I don't typically measure when I cook cause I don't follow rules.

I just bought chicken flour mix thing, and added a decent amount of cayenne and paprika and a tiny bit of salt and pepper.

after cleaning the chicken and rinsing it, i dried them off. I shook them up in a bag with the mix, and then let them set for an hour in the fridge. I believe it's suppose to help keep the coating on it. at least that's what youtube and some sites told me.

I put it on a baking sheet with foil for easy clean up. I sprayed it with pam. I believe i cooked them at about 350, for about 30-35 minutes i believe.

as for the wing sauce, i used franks. i'm not sure how much butter i used, but i dropped in half a stick and half a bottle of franks. threw in some extra cayenne in there and cooked that for a bit.

When the chicken was cooked, I threw the chicken in a bowl, and poured the sauce over it. I put a dish on top, and shook it like a polaroid.

Yeah, I don't measure. Just go by how it taste at that moment, how it looks, and how it smells.

I think I'll do some next weekend.

18. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

If you are grilling them, you won't really need butter.

I prefer dry seasoned as opposed to wet saucy or marinated wings. Butter typically goes in the saucy wings.

Personal preference though.

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

"Dry seasoned" what? are we making ribs here!

R0ckets03 is describing healthy wings.

I'm describing butter!!! Do everyting R0ckets03 says, but at least coat a few in "Butter Seasoned' hotness and finish them off in the oven.

The butter approach means, "Finger lick'n good" -- ness

20. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

My first time doing this, going to do a little of each. All some interesting info. I literally can't wait.