1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hot diggity! When's the last time a Rocket led the league in scoring?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jevjnd, Dec 15, 2014.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I have my doubts, I really don't think he'll be able to do it . Harden is more focused on winning, and in a league full of chuckers like Melo it's hard.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Wasn't it in... 2010? Scola averaged like 28 in November something?

3. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

What are his scoring averages with Dwight healthy vs out of the lineup?

Could be that Harden's average went up while Dwight is out of the lineup. Don't be shocked to see his average go down a point with Dwight back, which frankly is great. If he wins the scoring title while distributing the ball and getting a healthy number of post feeds to Dwight and Dmo, great! But if we have a solid winning team with the scoring load a bit more evenly spread out and Harden averages 24.5 pts/game, that might be even better.

4. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I like the way you work it no diggity, I gotta bag it up

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

When was the last time the scoring leader won a championship?

7. craguin

craguin Member

Shaquille O'Neal (L.A. Lakers) 1999-2000 29.7 ppg (79 games).

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

That was more recently than the Rockets won a championship, so I'll take it as a positive.

9. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Before that all 6 seasons Michael won.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Having a league leader in scoring is not always a good thing. Harden is scoring at a high volume and with a pretty high efficiency. But it is a reflection of being demanded to do more than he has ever done on offense and it is impacting his own personal offensive efficiency (lower than it was last season). The team's lack of other offensive options is also reflected in the team's offensive efficiency being below average so far.

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

With his defensive rebounds, his steals AND blocks, he really is deserving of at least 3rd team all defense. Who else puts up #'s like that? Josh Smith, Lebron, who else?

12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Injuries stupid

1 person likes this.
  13. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

True and with Dwight back and Dmo getting more usage i expect Harden's number to go back to 24 ppg but also giving our offense efficiency a boost.

But look at the Spurs no one averages over 17 to 18 ppg usually Parker but they have alot of guys averaging 8-13 ppg and they are one of the best teams.

14. Ghost_of_Akeem

Harden could be one of the best scorers in NBA history if he would just adopt a post up game. He has the body for it and if he worked on using the glass to score he could improve his shooting percentage and become a less predictable player.

Right now there are only two ways Harden can score on you. Either he drives to the basket and get's the whistle or he chucks 3pt shots. Boring, and predictable.

15. mrm32

mrm32 Member

So predictable that he still leads the league in scoring. Who cares how he scores as long as we're winning?

16. declan32001

declan32001 Member

I haven't looked it up, but when I clicked on this thread I was thinking Ralph but by midseason that year Dream was eating huge chunks of his stats.

In general being the scoring leader in the NBA doesn't portend great things. I want Harden's minutes down and soon.

"E" was my first ever sports idol, but I'm surprised he was scoring more Kareem that year.

17. Ghost_of_Akeem

The physical abuse that he takes from driving to the basket each game will have adverse effects on his health and career the longer he plays. The minutes he's logging right now are not sustainable.

Players with longevity almost all share one thing in common, they all had post up games.

18. Exiled

Exiled Member

Diffrence between a Harden this year and last years: he score effortlessly ,his priority is getting his teammates involved & winning

19. mingthething

mingthething Member

yeah...... Look at Wade vs Kobe.

20. Ghost_of_Akeem

Exactly, right. Wade relied on driving and drawing fouls which shortened his career. Kobe used more of a post up game and shot over the top of defenders, didn't put much stress on his body.