1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Horry said recently that he is keeping himself and his shot in shape and that he would be open to playing this year if he got a call.

I know he's up in years, but who wouldn't love to have Big Shot Rob back? We still have an open slot right?

Does anyone know if Morey has ever commented on this possibility? Horry is the type of player that doesn't mind getting little playing time, but when called upon can really step up huge. He could help us more than some of our other benchwarmers.

2. Classic

Classic Member

10 day contract...why not?

The rockets once employeed Mark Jackson and Clearance Weatherspoon.

3. Kracka0476

Kracka0476 Member

We could use a big man with a three point shot.

4. King901

King901 Member

Any links? Because last i heard, he said he was retired and wasn't playing anymore. The rockets said they dont plan on making any more moves also....

5. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I'd love to get Horry back. I don't care that we already have Scola,Landry and Hayes at the 4. Just put Big Horry Style in there when we need a big shot. And then he can go sit back down on his throne.

6. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Horry has had pretty poor seasons and post-seasons the last 3 years.. with last year being horrid in all aspects. Regular season, post-season, 3 point percentage... he was bad in almost every respect. Didn't hit any big shots that he took that I can remember last season, either

I love the guy.. but he's done. And I don't know wtf you're thinking, he wouldn't take a 10 day contract. That'd be like us offering Mutombo a 10 day contract...that's an insult to them, they'd rather sit in the stands.

Oh yeah, AND I heard the same thing--he'd prefer to stay retired.

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

What did you just call me?!

8. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Horry was on the halftime show for the lakers game the other night against the heat. Rick Fox kept joking that he should come back with his shot but he didnt seem too anxious about it.

I didnt see the entire thing since the UCLA game was on the same time but I dont think he would come back and if he did chances are he would try to go back to LA or SA where he would have a better shot at a ring right now

9. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Saw a couple of stories right after the new year that seemed like he hasn't closed the door yet.. So I am really hoping that if he is interested in giving it a go that Morey is willing to give him a chance.

http://www.projo.com/celtics/content/sp_bkn_celtics_journal_03_01-03-09_J2CR3O9_v14.3acee01.html
    The Sacramento Bee, meanwhile, reported yesterday that the Celtics are one of the teams free-agent forward Robert Horry is interested in joining. “Big Shot Rob” has won seven NBA championships in his 16-year career.

San Antonio, Houston and Dallas are the other teams at the top of Horry’s list.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/100330-horry-marbuy-headed-to-boston
    Another player who could find himself suiting up for the defending champs is 7 time NBA champion Robert Horry. Horry, 38, who earlier this year stated he would only return and play for Houston, Dallas, or San Antonio has since added the Celtics to his list.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That would cool if he went to Boston, he and Cassell can retire together.
    Sam hasn't seen the floor yet this year, but I bet he'll suddenly show up in the playoffs.

11. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Hell no. They got enough one-dimensional stand at the arc players. Let alone someone who doesn't start playing until the regular season is over. With all of the injuries their having, they need to play players who will get them TO the dance.

12. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

Sorry Horry, but you suck bad (now).

13. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Even if we wanted him, why would he want us? Why not return to the Lakers or Spurs, or give it a shot with the Celtics? Those are all teams that have proven that they have a chance to win it all, which I'm sure would be his main motivation in coming back.

14. onreego

onreego Member

Don't we have Barry to fulfill that playoff veteran, troll the arc role? But then again Barry can't send Nash into the commentators booth quite like Horry.

15. ibm

ibm Member

yeah, barry foots the bill already. as for nash, artest can do that if needed; maybe even rafer.

16. rockets_fanatic

I doubt Horry would sign a ten day contract. If he played poorly, it could hurt his chances of a contract that last the rest of the year. Signing a ten day contract would be a last resort for him.

17. Happy Mac

Happy Mac Member

i see him every couple of months here at my office building. i never give him more than a head nod, but i'll ask him to comeback next time. :)

18. worzel gummidge

It depends on what they have left after the trade deadline.

19. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

The answer is Yes to Robert Horry.

Look in your heart and know the truth.

Someone posed the question: "Robert Horry?" There is an easy answer to it. That answer is 'Yes.'

YES.

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Remember a couple years back when Utah beat us cause we couldn't get a key rebound or hit a shot at the end?

Horry would have done it. You know it cause your heart says it to be true.