1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hope someone taped the ceremony

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GMNot, Nov 9, 2002.

1. GMNot

GMNot Member

I sure hope someone who might have taped the ceremony would be willing to make a copy for a poor soul who has been screwed once again by NBA TV and DirecTV. These lame people cut away at the half to NBA.COM TV and skipped the ceremony for retiring Hakeem's jeresy. What $^%(#!!!!

And I hope anyone with NBA League Pass who feels as cheated as I do (and have been the last few seasons) will call and give them a piece of your mind. Believe me, I also intend to call the Rockets on Monday, as I was assured that DirecTV would carry the "whole" broadcast because "the Rockets control it". Ditto for the NBA. What jerks for not letting fans around the country, who wanted to watch a tribut ceremony to one of the greatest to play the game, get to see it.

GMNot as in NBANot! :mad: :mad:

2. Iron McFist

Iron McFist Member

The game isn't even being broadcast here in the Bay Area :(

3. cujo

cujo Member

man that sux

4. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

I taped it.

5. qzf2qk

qzf2qk Member

It is on ESPN News

6. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I taped it.

NBA League Pass subscribers who ordered it through digital cable and INDemand got the Hakeem ceremony. Whereas League Pass subscribers through Direct TV got screwed. You guys should be raging mad. I would be.

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Mo and Fro, fo sho.

Me and you are going to make multiple copies of that tape, and sell it for 20 Bucks each to people with Direct TV or, for those who didn't catch it at all.

If we get in trouble, it was all your idea.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I only saw a minute of the ceremony on ESPN with his number being retired with his name being said for the last time Hakeem the Dream Olajuwon. He looked happy and was laughing while CD was saying something.
    He was so elegantly dressed and appreciative of the Rockets. It was almost as if he had never left us.
    I looked towards him as a giant who left his mark forever in the history of Houston Rockets and as the man who put our proud city on the sportsmap of the world.
    He will always be a Houston Rocket.

9. GMNot

GMNot Member

Thanks, guys. Here's what's happened... I called DirecTV and lambasted the representative I spoke with. Then I called the Rockets number to leave an angry message at being told one thing by their office and then having it not come to pass. To my surprise a live person answered -- presumably to take ticket orders. I guess the number on the screen for ticket sales rolls over to the main number at the Rocket office. Then I sat down and wrote a long and heated complaint to NBA.COM, since when you visit the Web site they ask for your comments -- so I gave it to them. :D Then I finished watching the game and just a few minutes ago logged on to see who might be so kind as to make a copy of their tape of the ceremony. When talking to the guy selling tickets he offered that I should call back during the week and talk to the receptionists because they would probably know of someone who taped it. Well, now that I find out that cable subscribers to NBA League Pass got the ceremony I think DirecTV is heading for deep waters. I can't imagine that they have a different contract or marketing agreement with the NBA than with the cable companies. So at this point, let's see how they explain this to us consumers and to the NBA.

GMNot

10. Parlett316

Parlett316 Contributing Member

11. Kathy

Kathy Member

It was good to see Bill and Calvin again on DirecTV. But so frustrating when the halftime ceremony wasn't on. I'd like a copy also
    e-mail: kneary@futureone.com

Thank you, Dream, for all the great years!