1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Holy Maccaroni! Denver with 70 in first half!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by xomox, Mar 17, 2007.

Tags:
  1. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

against phoenix.

2. yaozhuxi

yaozhuxi Contributing Member

it seems rox can handle nuggets easily but do not have much confidence facing suns.

3. xomox

glad to see iverson's out of his slump.

4. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Denver is a very dangerous team if it can put thing together

5. yaozhuxi

yaozhuxi Contributing Member

whenever suns play rox, their three point percentage is unreal. when against pistons, or nuggets, they all don't know how to shoot.

6. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

damn... i can never figure it out.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

38 points down at the end of 3 quarters....even V-Span could get some time in this game.

DD

8. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I don't think that could happen even if 3/4 of team came down with black plague.

9. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Melo and A-I are trashing the Suns.

10. Northside Moss

I smell a brawl coming our way.

11. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

where's KingCheetah when you need him. :D

12. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

This is precisely why I want to see Denver vs. Pheonix in the first round. Denver matches up PERFECTLY with the Suns and they have a much better chance at coming up with a huge upset against them than, say, the Lakers.

Denver has tons of offensive firepower and they have tall, athletic players and bigs that can run all day long with the Suns. Historically, those are the teams that give the Suns the hardest time.

Nuggets are better than the Lakers, I would like to see them play the Suns. That would be an intriguing matchup to say the least.

The playoffs are all about matchups, and a running team with Melo and AI will give the Suns a run for their money.

13. xomox

now that's winning with offense.

14. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

Nuggets played the best game of the season, AI finally a 40-pt game, let's see if they can continue though

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I didn't see the game tonight but it's a fluke. In a 7 game series you don't beat the Suns by running and gunning with them. That is playing into their hands and the Nuggets just aren't good enough to beat them at their own game 4 out of 7. A more difficult matchup for the Suns is a team that will disrupt their tempo and play defense, as shown by the Spurs and Jazz. I also feel the Rockets could be in that category.

16. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Has anyone else in the league taken two worse consecutive ass kickings this season?

17. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

They would be clear underdogs, but if nothing else they're more equipped to give the Suns a hard time than the Lakers are.

I agree wrt the Spurs and the Jazz, but I was only addressing their first round opponent, which will most likely be the Nuggets or the Lakers.

18. francis 4 prez

while there's no way the nuggets are beating the suns in a playoff series and they aren't much better than the lakers, they would have a much better chance than the lakers. not only b/c the lakers are falling apart, but b/c the lakers have no D intensity right now and don't have the offensive firepower to keep up.

i wish golden state could face phoenix in the playoffs just to see a few 140's on the scoreboard, but denver would be a cool alternative. the lakers would be better suited for the spurs and golden state and their mysterious hold on the mavericks could be interesting. so of course the nuggets will get the spurs, the lakers the suns, and the clippers the mavs. but in all honesty, i say the spurs, mavs, and suns roll whoever shows up against them in the first round no matter what. once the playoffs start they'll all be trying their hardest and won't be beatable by anyone in the west except each other.

can't believe the suns have just gotten rolled the last few nights. 43 and 44 at the half i think, nash with a combined 3 assists in the first halves (stat-padded tonight in the 2nd). apparently the mavs took it out of them.

19. francis 4 prez

the lakers just set some sort of franchise record i think in the two games before the portland game. lost by 36 to the mavs and by a lot to someone else.

but i don't know how many teams have lost each of the first 3 quarters by 12+ points like the suns tonight.

20. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

nice game by denver but i'd be shocked if they could put it together on a consistent basis for a week, let alone the playoffs. i'd love to see them beat the suns but i wouldn't bet on it.