1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Historic North Korea/South Korea Meeting - Trump Peace Prize?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocketman1981, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I guess this is what you are reduced to when there is no argument you can make without looking worse...

3. NewRoxFan

But... but... trump said we are all safer now? I better call the Nobel Peace Prize people (unless he meant he'd get the Nobel Peach Prize?).

It sure looks like Trump is lying about his agreement with Kim Jong Un
    It’s also possible Trump doesn’t know what he agreed to.
    https://www.vox.com/2018/6/21/17488552/trump-north-korea-kim-agreement-lie

No Worries likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

Donald Trump is a colossal waste of time, space and energy.

He is basically the male equivalent to Rosezilla.

http://dai.ly/x2j3ceo

5. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So now, this is kind of interesting. In order to protect the USA, Trump essentially has to admit that he didn't actually save the world.

What is more important to Trump? Protecting the country or protecting his ego?

I'm pretty sure at this point DPRK has carte blanche to nuke the west coast. Any response to an attack would require Trump to admit that he wasn't the hugest, most tremendous president, like no president ever before, and that hasn't happened yet.

ROXTXIA likes this.
  6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

And it won't happen, ever. Trump's MO is never admit an error, always deflect. Even Newt Gingrich in an interview said it isn't in Trump's DNA.

I think the closest Trump has been to an apology or admission of a mistake is after issuing the worst possible picture of Ted Cruz's wife during the campaign (retaliating for what he thought was the release by Cruz's people of a photo of a near-naked Melania "wearing" a fur coat). When asked about it (I think by Anderson Cooper?), he said, "It might have been a mistake." Or something like that.

7. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

there is no argument though. you've made it clear you hate diplomacy. nobody agrees with you which is why you were in here alone for the last month plus. now folks are posting (nothing of substance i might add) cause they feel sorry for you.

8. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Nothing wrong with meeting Un, at the end of the day, I think it is the right thing to do. Whether that should have been one on one, maybe not, but better than continuing the status quo. The problem is in declaring victory for having done so.

No Worries likes this.
  9. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Another problem is that Trump might have actually thought he solved North Korea.

10. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

So...has there been world peace yet thanks to the Donald? Many people are saying he is Gandhi reincarnate.

11. NewRoxFan

Nice spin on history. But no... this was never a question about the importance of diplomacy. What has been ridiculed here... trump comes back from this meeting doing a victory dance. And before you try the "gee, its good to be optimistic", trump outright lied to the American people. Lied about coming away from the meeting with an agreement. And outright lied saying he got the North Koreans to return two hundred remains of Korean War veterans.

Heck... look at the very title of the thread... "Historic North Korea/South Korea Meeting - Trump Peace Prize?" Now tell me its me hating diplomacy. And folks simply feeling sorry for me.

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Lol, what diplomacy? He had a meeting. Nothing came of it.

No Worries likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

It depends on whether you believe that having the United States President meet with a rogue dictation lends legitimacy to Un's reign and possibly prevents an over throw from within.

I do not know if anyone knows for sure.

14. ipaman

You're right, a SK-NK summit, 3 Americans released from NK, historic summit between US and NK, China re-engaging, multiple agreements signed, etc... nothing came of it.

15. NewRoxFan

So.. you don't have a problem with the president outright lying to you (and the rest of America) about getting an agreement to reduce nukes and to get 200 remains back?

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'll grant the 3 Americans released. Good job Trump. What are these signed agreements you speak of?

No Worries likes this.
  17. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I'm not sure it does. I think Kim did it for an ego boost, not necessarily a real need for legitimacy.

18. NewRoxFan

And while getting Americans released is always a good thing... what did trump give up in return? Beyond of course, elevating the NK crazy guy status?

19. ipaman

Yes but politicians will politic, they all do. Still think diplomacy is good.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_North_Korea–United_States_summit#Joint_signing_ceremony

20. NewRoxFan

I didn't ask if you were happy with trump "politicing", whatever that means... I asked you if you were happy with trump outright lying to you and America, about making an agreement with NK and about getting NK to send home the remains of 200 bodies. Out. Right. Lie. We are not talking about an aspiration like "I won't raise taxes" or "You won't need to change doctors." We are talking about a president knowingly telling you something that was demonstrably was a lie. And worst, raised the hopes of families... all because he wanted to sound like he accomplished something.

FranchiseBlade likes this.