1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

His Name is Miguel and this is his cool story

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by The_Yoyo, May 31, 2010.

1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Not talking about you SwoLy-D, but Miguel himself - And be warned this will be a long post.

Miguel made a trip to beautiful southern California this Memorial Day Weekend to begin his baseball park quest.

Miguel was always courteous to put me up at his place during my trips to Houston so I jumped at the chance to return the favor.

And then it occurred to me, Miguel doesn't drink, it will be my quest to get him drunk.

Friends of Miguel here know that this is no easy task as Miguel is always ordering jack and coke without the jack all the time.

This is LA though, I've got homecourt here and I held serve...Miguel got drunk and here is the details of the night:

There was three of us on Saturday night drinking, Miguel, myself and friend of mine, Michelle. The night's drink started back at my place where Miguel living up to being Hispanic (?) drank a Corona. After that I made some lime juice/vodka shots and Miguel had two of those. These shots were in double-shot sized glasses though so I guess he had technically four of them?

Then we walked down to downtown Culver City (10 min walk) since none of would want to be the designated driver.

We wented to a Korean BBQ and Lounge called Gyenari and had dinner there. We also ordered a Hite Tower, which was basically a large pitcher of Hite (korean beer) and holds roughly 100 ounces and there is a spout at the bottom to share with everyone at the table. So we all had a few glass of Hite.

I saw a guy riding a skateboard, wearing a cowboy hat and playing a didgeridoo. I just yelled to him that he was freaking awesome. (We were seated outside for the purpose of people watching) So this guy who introduced himself as celebrity Liam Stone played a song then proceeded to name drop and basically beg us to hire him for things. He from being to cool annoying real quick, but he finally left.

After Gyenari we went to the bar next door called Rush and thats where our drinking for the night started. We went up to the bar, Michelle ordered a beer, I ordered a Tom Collins and then Miguel says "Double Crown on the rocks"

Stephanie, our bartender who was a very pretty blonde, was even impressed at Miguel and said he was her hero. We ordered a few more drinks while Miguel was nursing his Crown. Michelle and I talked to Stephanie and built a small rapport with her and Steph bought us a round of shots twice. The second time it was straight patron which I just absolute hate, but its free so down it went. Miguel after he finished his double crown he ordered another crown, but this time with Coke.

At this point we decided to leave Rush it was around 130am and to my count this was Miguel's drink count for the night

4 beers (1 corona, 3 hite glasses)
    1 shot of something Steph made
    1 shot of patron
    4 shots of vodka (at the apt)
    2 shots of crown straight up
    2 shots of crown with coke

Needless to say he was stumbling out of Rush. At this point all 3 of us were drunk, we all had similar amounts to drink, I probably had the most but I wasnt nearly as drunk as they were. Michelle is a pretty small girl, but she drinks a lot so she has the tolerance but not the body mass. Miguel has the body mass but not the tolerance. I happen to have both so while I was drunk it was hillarious watching the two of them. As we were walking out we bumped into some people outside and had them take a picture (Michelle has the pic if i can get it from here I'll post it here)

I proceeded to talk to one of the girls there named Marta about religion, why? No idea. Michelle started to talk to Marta's friend about martial arts. Miguel? He sat down on the bench head pointed to the stay ready to yak. But he didn't, I knew he looked like **** though so we decided to walk over to the nearby CVS to get him some water.

There was a homeless guy in front of the CVS asking for money, Michelle and Miguel went into the store and stayed outside talking to the homeless telling him that I would buy him some food inside but I wouldnt give him any money. So he went inside with me and bought some food. At this point Miguel and Michelle bought their water and were outside.

Miguel at this point needed to relieve his bladder so started to piss in a corner or something. Michelle followed suit as well, I am not sure where exactly they pissed I was finishing my transaction in the store they told me this when I came outside.

We started to walk back to my place Michelle and I dancing with each other in the street while Miguel walked trying not to make any sudden movement. You know the feeling when you can feel the booze sloshing around inside your stomach.

We get to my street and Miguel loses it. Starts throwing up in front of the neighboring building's parking garage. He is standing there holding on to the bars of the garage just spewing filth from his mouth. He said he was then turned around and threw up again. I was laughing so hard at this point.

After he was done throwing up we went to my apt and he just cleaned up a bit and fell down on my couch

Now my couch is in a shape of a U. He fell asleep on the chaise part of the couch. Michelle went into the bathroom in the living room and was on the floor talking to the toilet and I sat down on another part of the couch and started to watch an episode of the Boondocks, laughing at the two of them.

Anyways I fell asleep on the couch and woke up about an hour later. Miguel was still passed out on the chaise and Michelle still in the bathroom. I went to check on Michelle and she was still in there and said she was fine but there were signs of her vomiting as well.

At this point I just went into my bedroom to sleep. It was a little past 4 am. We had to be out of the apt by 10am to make it down to San Diego. So not much time for sleep for sure.

I woke up around 830 the next morning and saw Miguel on the other side of the couch sleeping and Michelle was on the chaise. I was wondering how each of them got there. Apparently when the bathroom floor got too cold for Michelle she came out to sleep on the couch in a blanket and all. She was gonna sleep on the otherside of the couch but the chaise was empty. Where was Miguel? Asleep on the floor by the door of the apartment. Why he was there no clue, how he decided to get up walk about 8 feet and then fall down asleep there no idea. But thats what he did and then slept on the otherside of the couch when Michelle took the chaise.

Miguel has no real recollection of the night after we left Rush. He believed he threw up at CVS and not at the neighbors apartment. He got to experience his first real hangover.

Good times

moestavern19 I know you're hating that I saw a drunk Miguel and you haven't. Dude I left you a voicemail when we were at the bar, not sure if you were able to hear it.

2 people like this.
  2. conquistador#11

Pictures or it never happened. No, not pics of miguel but of michelle and marta, oh and the female bartender. Thanks in advance.
    :grin:

1 person likes this.
  3. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

epic.....

thank god Yoyo has seen me drunk already, although I havent barfed in front of him, hopefully thats not your intentions in Vegas....

EDIT: might as well add this

the reaction everybody that Mig knows???

[​IMG]

#3 Dave2000, May 31, 2010
    Last edited: May 31, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  4. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

you mean miggy, who makes himself a crown and coke and takes 3 sips over the course of a night, and has laughed at me a million times when i'm hammered, and who hates the taste of alcohol, got so piss drunk he blacked out??

i think i speak for everyone when i say, pics or gtfo.

also, yeah, i'm jealous.

5. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

The Cat likes this.

1 person likes this.
  6. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    This infidel is misinformed. I'm not even in LA.

lol, good times.

7. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Awesome story, Yoyo. Damn, I wish I was there... :cool:

1 person likes this.
  8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Ohhh man. That was an awesome story. Well told. I'm going to re read that post. Maybe three times.

Seriously, that was a good story. I wanted it to keep going.

1 person likes this.
  9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Coasting in epic sled.

10. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

11. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Moving.

1 person likes this.
  12. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I thought he was just going out there to catch a couple games, I didn't realize these types of shenanigans would take place. Consider me jealous as well.

1 person likes this.
  13. RedRacer

RedRacer Contributing Member

Quote"

There was three of us on Saturday night drinking, Miguel, myself and friend of mine, Michelle. "

Since no one asked yet, Pics of drunken Michelle? :grin:

1 person likes this.
  14. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

I never personally met Miguel, but I'm certainly glad I read that. 5 stars. Would read again.

1 person likes this.
  15. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I stopped reading there. :eek:

But then I continued later. :cool: Cool story, YoYoBro.

16. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I approve :grin:

1 person likes this.
  17. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

This is officially Miguel's anthem:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9IY82lBIPQ8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9IY82lBIPQ8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:grin:

18. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Your own light version of the Hangover movie! hehe
    Just mention this, because I saw that movie for the first time last week.

1 person likes this.
  19. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

rush street is a great bar. it's one of few places that serves Shiner on tap.

1 person likes this.
  20. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

His name is Miguel, and he gets buckets?

1 person likes this.