1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hey Les, take a lesson from Drayton

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dreamshake97, May 2, 2012.

1. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

Drayton kept holding on to what everyone knew was a broken, beat up ship… he wouldn't let go when he could have gotten really good prospects for players we had, instead he waited and we got decent ones at best..

I know baseball is different, but this for the Rockets is not working.. Trade our Big 3(joke) and get players or future draft picks and start rebuilding NOW, dont make us go through 4 seasons of mediocrity in your attempt to right the ship and then say oh well didn't work and then try and rebuild which will take another 4 years..

Hey, actually, if this leads to us getting a new owner maybe it would be worth it..?

overall Les, just learn from your fellow Houstonian who held on to long.. don't make the same mistake!!

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Whoa! Innovative idea! Never discussed before. You must tweet the link to this thread to Morey.

3. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

well unlike u Hererra i haven't posted here since 1937 with your 17,000 posts… i haven't seen all 6,432 pages of threads…

why don't you enlighten me on what we should talk about since your a thread nazi..

hey or get off your computer for like say 25 minutes and quit checking up on what everyone is typing..

1 person likes this.
  4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

http://bbs.clutchfans.com/search.php?searchid=265178

5. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

a link that i can't see… ok sounds good..

6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I'm not saying anything until after this off-season. This is the year to pull the big move. We have three trade pieces that can be replaced from within. (Martin, Lowry, Dalmbert's expiring) and two draft picks. We have a potential stud in Motie coming over.

If we sign Dragic and do something with our assets (without being veto'd) you stay the course whether than means contending now (miraculous Howard trade) or building for the future (Trading up in the draft for a potential stud 2 (Beal) or 5 (Drummond); Dragic, Parsons and DMO should stay even though they definitely aren't unmovable.). This team has legitimate potential and I was all about tanking this season.

7. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Here's link I'm sure you can see.
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=219374

dreamshake97, take a lesson from Carl and learn how to create insightful threads... :grin:

8. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

Who freaking cares! I dont read every thread and every post hoping I don't maybe repeat something already said.. It may have already been said with the drayton comparisons but I have never read it so I made a thread.. Flog me..

9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Hey FLOG YOU BUDDY! OK! FLOG YOU!

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

11. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I completely disagree, I think Les is a great owner.

12. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

13. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

it takes ~7 years of sucking to rebuild

14. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

Are you nuts? The Rockets have been nothing but a mediocre franchise during his tenure as a owner. And those championship teams was already put together when he arrived. Does the word cheap ring a bell? Tell Les to stop shopping in the D league and get some real talent here.

15. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Please take a lesson from Drayton and sell.

16. Mariachi ROCKET

^^ YEa man, YEAaaaaaaAAA!!^^

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Uhhh.... what. Drayton????... I think you need to brush up on your history lessons buddy. Look up the 2009 Astros roster and salaries.

Then look at what happened last year. That wasn't tanking to rebuild. Blowing up your team in the MLB has totally different ramifications than in the NBA. Not in a positive manner mind you. There isn't a draft like they have in the NBA. Players have to be developed for years.

That was tanking when the team was already in the process of being sold and saving yourself $ in salaries you were going to have to pay that year. Drayton is a crooked SOB.

He practically gave away Hunter Pence and Michael Bourne(two young talented players) so he could save a buck on salaries in his last year owning the team.

FYI, the new owner is best buds with everyones favorite owner Les Alexander.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

I assume Drayton is the owner of the 'stros?

19. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

He was, until a few months ago. Now the Astros are getting shipped to the American League, yuck, for... You guessed it

Baseball Reasons

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

If the Rockets got shipped to the Eastern Conference for basketball reasons they would have been in the playoffs regularly over the last few years.

Sure, they still would have got bounced and be the same average team they are, but given the east coast bias of sports, they would have at least gotten some good national tv exposure and played into may.