1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Heroes Reborn

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Castor27, Oct 2, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Anyone watching? It seems more like the first season with a bunch of story lines building to where they will interweave with one another. I can't say that any of them are bothering me, unlike season one where the Nikki story line seemed slow. I'm also glad they didn't cheapen it by just running out cameo after cameo. It looks like they are going to actually try to get the story lines started before they run some of the old guys back out (HRG excluded). So far after 3 of 12 episodes I have enjoyed it. Hopefully they will continue to channel the vibe of season 1 and not the others.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It's just not good enough.

3. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

this..

4. myco

myco Contributing Member

I was sucked into watching the first iteration of this series due to an interesting first season. The remaining seasons were an abomination and has made be very wary of Reborn. Early reviews of Reborn aren't good enough for me to want to give it a shot.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Good enough for what? This is network tv. It's about what's to be expected

Is this just a miniseries? If so I'll probably finish it out just because I watched it during the first go around.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This is not a statement I wanted associated with this miniseries.. I didn't want Heroes Reborn to simply be an obligation watch just because I loved the first 1.5 seasons of Heroes. First 3 episodes were just OK to me. It's just not good enough to meet my expectations. I thought they learned their lesson and would return the show to what made it so good. hasn't happened, but Hiro hasn't made an appearance yet...

It's just OK so far.

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

Hiro was my favorite character from Heroes, but the fact that they need to bring him back as a recurring character is a bit sad.

Didn't really care for Levi's character; as the villain, his acting is kinda wooden and angsty (granted, he lost his son, but still), and as far as villains go, he can't compare to Quinto's Sylar.

As other posters have said, it's just not good enough. Hopefully, this'll change.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Thanks to everyone here preventing me from a waste of time.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think Levi's character is supposed to be a long term "bad guy", he looks like they are setting him up to be the reformed bad guy who becomes a good guy

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

But he has killed so many innocent people...

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

True, but now that he realizes that he's an Evo I see him having a change of heart. He'll probably go the route of anti-hero and start killing those hunting the Evos

12. edwardc

edwardc Member

That would mean he will start with his wife but don't see that happening.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe he's the guy with the rabbit on Seven Psychopaths?

14. Nero

Nero Member

I was hoping someone would put a bullet in her head as soon as she hit the screen.. that is one unpleasantly ugly scarecrow beee yotch! (to use a colloquialism)

I think Levi may have had false memories implanted into him, and those two are not really married at all, and she is working for that Renautas company, or something like that.

I admit I was a bit weirded out when the show started putting characters in a video game, but hopefully that won't happen too much, because it was.. not very good honestly.

All in all, I liked the first real part of Heroes.. it was a shame the writer's strike killed it like it did so many other shows. It was a HUGE hit at first.. so I am going to give this one the benefit of the doubt and see where it goes.

Pus, Molly Walker is breathtaking! :)

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

So, the masked luchadore good guy...he doesn't actually have a power? Like the movie Kick-Ass? Dude puts on mask, has a placebo effect of "I'm stronger than I really am!" and fights crime?

The whole EPIC thing...did Renautas ever explain their motivations yet? Also, if their goal is to hunt down EVOs, why not start with Harris, the guy with the ability to clone himself?

I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't his wife. They don't seem very husband-and-wifey, and they have 0 chemistry.

I'm not sure what the deal is either, with the video game plot. Maybe, because it is/was Hiro's sword, it has some semblance of power? Hiro's power was the manipulation of, not just time, but space too, right? I'm guessing the sword allows the user to move through dimensions? idk.

16. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

It's not that bad actually.

Nothing will come close to season 1 of heroes.

But this isn't as bad as season 3 either.

It's just alright for now. Worth a watch since you went through the series anyway.

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

^^^^
    I don't disagree with that. It's definitely not season 1 but it's also definitely not season 3 and 4, it's a lot better than that mess as far as I can tell so far

18. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I don't think the girl with the sword is real. I think her "father created her in a game and somehow she manifested (probably his power).

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Anyone still watching?

Last two episodes have been pretty good. it's a shame it took so long. I still have no idea what that batman guy has to do with anything. It isn't a coincidence the show got better when Hiro slipped in. That just means there aren't any new interesting characters. Who impregnated the cheerleader again?

I'm intrigued going forward; only a couple episodes left.

Did anyone watch the prequel episodes online before watching this season? I assume a lot didn't. The only reason I know who the crazy beard guy and Darkness girl are is because of the online companion series.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Should be renamed THE GREAT PETRELLI FAMILY SAVES THE WORLD *ugh*

I lost interest with the Wonder Twins save the World
    I don't like inherited greatness and destinies etc
    Too Petrelli-Centric

I thought we would get more Heros
    Where is MI-cAH
    etc etc etc

Rocket River