1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Help] Modifying a blank map

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by D-Lite, Apr 26, 2009.

1. D-Lite

D-Lite Contributing Member

Hey guys,

So i found this blank map on wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:BlankMap-World6.svg

its in svg format [i do not know what that is]

I was wondering if there is a program that will let me modify the map, and please dont say MS paint.

I want to color in specific countries, but I want it to look good and not pixelated.

tia,

-D-lite

2. aghast

aghast Member

GIMP is freeware, and it's pretty good for freeware. If memory serves, it handles .svgs.

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Not positive, but I think you can modify the colors by editing the code of the .svg. That is not a conventional image file. Don't ask me how to do it though.

4. aghast

aghast Member

That's pretty cool. Never knew that. Just saved the file to desktop, and opened it in notepad.

Editing insturctions are already somewhat included in the documentation for the file:

So if you can figure out the countries you wanted to change, and the numbers for the colors desired, you could do it in a word program.

5. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

fill with color