1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Help!(girl problems)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by franchise403, Mar 6, 2004.

Tags:
  1. franchise403

franchise403 Contributing Member

Yes, it is time for another girl problem thread.

This may sound stupid but I feel like I just kind of need to get it off my chest. I always get the feeling like my girlfriend is cheating on me. I don't know what it is. Maybe it is just my insecurity or maybe there is actually substance?

It has just been a really wierd semester and she is always meeting with somebody new what seems like everyday for "group projects" and this past week she has just been kind of distant. She is out of town at a bachelorette party and I am like great whats gonna happen next? And I am not thinking the girl on girl thing. Actually I was but it also involved me but nevermind! I may have taken that too far.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. It just seems to me that I go through little spurts of jealousy and insecurity and I don't know if it is me? or if she is really sending me mixed signals? I am just glad that there is a website like cc.net where I can vent.:mad:

2. Summer Song Giver

My advice is to give her space. Back off on calloing her for awhile and let her initiate contact with you. If she initiates contact and still wants to spend time with you then she's probably not cheating but if you start seeing and hearing from her less then she probably is thinking about moving on or maybe she already has. Either way, let her have some space and her actions will probably tell you if she's cheating. On the plus side if she does want space she'll probably not be in a too serious rel;ationship for awhile leading to oppurtunities for some casual sex while the both of you look for other partners.

3. franchise403

I guess I forgot to mention that although I have my own place, we pretty much stay every night together. I mean when we grocery shop we do it together and plan everything together, you know what I mean?

4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Women send mixed signals. Its is part of their charm.

:)

5. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

All thos b*tches are crazy.

Sorry, I'm just bitter at the moment.

6. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

If you don't feel justified enough to confront her about it, then it's all in your head. Jealousy is a weak emotion and wont do you any good. Just keep yourself occupied or spend more time with the guys and you should be fine.

Gs up, hoes down. Word. Now go drink some beers. It's Saturday!

7. rudager

rudager Member

I've come across two excellent pieces of relationship advice on this board, one standard, one I hadn't heard:

Standard: (can't recall the exact rhythm to it) Set your love free, if it comes back, it's meant to be.

New-to-me: The best relationships are remarkably low maintenance.

Just take it easy. Things will either fall together or fall apart. Whatever happens, happens.

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

screw girls im so pissed off at the moment at them that i could punch a holw through every wall in my apt.

9. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Most likely if you think something is going on then you are probably right. Unless of course you are delusional. Then you might just need to take your meds. But then you might be right and the only way to get back at the b**** is cook her cat. Perhaps you shouldnt listen to me and I should get some sleep.

P.S.
    I prefer an herb/garlic rub on cats.

10. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

a man after my own heart...:D

cats....ugh

note: I would never actually do that..I just dont like cats

man...Im with HayJon on this..

if you dont really have anything concrete(or even semi-concrete) to base it on...it may just be in your head.

are you by nature jealous?
    or maybe you deep down dont feel worthy of her, and think that she might easily leave you for someone better?

I've actually been down that road before...when I was young and dumb...
    ;)

Group projects? school stuff?
    Not unusual in college...I've done my share of those...
    Bachelorette party...well..also not that unusual...chicks do those too...

anything else?

If you really care about her and want to keep it going..I would wait for some better evidence other than that.
    Hell, if my wife dumped me for stuff like that...we wouldnt be together today.

be vigilant for signs...but dont be too paranoid. It could affect how you deal with her...and she will read that right away...women are good at that.

just remember....sometimes women will draw back alittle if they get into one of those moods...that also is normal.

good luck

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Give her space. It will be hard to do, especially if she doesn't show more of an interest right away and it appears that she has even more away type engagements. It might drive you a little nuts, so try and have as much fun as you can with friends, away from your girl. That will help to distract you a little bit, and she'll be reminded of how fun and interesting you are.

If you do this and she continually seems distant, then confront her, and end the relationship. Trust me it's far worse being in a relationship where you are always having to wonder what is going on. That' no way to have to spend your free time.

12. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

Welcome to my world! :D

13. franchise403

Thank all of you for posting, I feel much better after being out with the guys. In fact I haven't really thought about my girlfriend @ all. Alchohol has a weird way of making things better!

14. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Worddiizzzly word.

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Girls are so DUMBBBBBBBBBB, It's sooooo lateeeeeeeeee, I neeeeeed sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

16. RKMAN

RKMAN Member

Chicks are too complicated...the right hand is not :).

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

If you havin' girl problems I feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a b-tch ain't one
    hit me!

18. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Sounds to me like this may be all in your head. It is not unusual to have group projects which require a lot of time. As for her seeming distant, it could be that she is stressed out about her classes. That takes a lot out of a person. Sounds to me like you need to know where she is having her group meetings. That way you can suprise her by bringing dinner by.

Points, baby. :D