1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Helluva game!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Doc Rocket, May 7, 2009.

1. Doc Rocket

Doc Rocket Contributing Member

Yeah, we lost. Big deal. But it was fun to get pissed at Kobe and mad at the refs and yell at the T. That's sports, man - that's why it's fun.

Some people are mad at RonRon for doing what he did. Not me - I liked it. I liked sending a message. I have no problem with what Fisher did. He did it and he paid for it and still might but that's called crime and punishment.

Overall, it was a very entertaining game with all the drama, etc... Remember, that's why we watch - so we can b**** and complain and interject how it would've worked if they would've just done it like we all said. Overall, though, and including the post-game with KS and Barkley, it was a good few hours of entertainment.

If nothing else, we're really only a piece away, a solid shooter or so from being right there at the championship cusp next year. We're getting some valuable experience right now, as is Lowry and Brooks. Brooks is still a kid with Parker-esque type potential...so, overall, like I said, it was a good night to send a message:

"You ain't gotta look to find us!"

DR

(Star Trek - tomorrow night - 7pm - be there!)

2. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

Whats the story on Von?

3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

exactly. i hate when fans complain about physical play/refs... it's been happening forever. every fan of every team complains about those things.

tonight was one of the best playoff games i've seen recently: physicality, close, back and forth, intensity, great play by kobe and ron... you gotta love that.

i hope for more of the same for the rest of the series.

4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

We love you, Doc.

It's good to see you posting.

:D

5. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Win or lose, that's what this series is showing me. We are basically competing with the mighty Lakers with a $20M hole in our roster.

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Seems like we've been a piece or two away for a while now... :D

7. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

What did KS, EJ, and Charles talk about on Inside the NBA?

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

9. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Got to agree. It's a lot of fun having a Rockets team that is aggressive and physical.

10. declan32001

declan32001 Member

Well said, Doc. This was good stuff. I bet we get more respect for tonight than for wresting homecourt from the presumed champs in the first place.

11. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Nice post Doc. But I don't like your talk about NEXT YEAR. This series is far from over and the Rockets need to keep fighting till the end no matter win or lose. Show the world how dirty the Lakers and how corrupt the referees are. After all they can't give 100 free throws to the Lakers and allow Kobe to punch the Rockets rite?

12. Landlord Landry

I agree.....again, I expected us to lose.

I just don't like the fact that everytime we got close, the Lakers went b**** on us, got chippy and looked to the refs.

I seriously hate Feelup Jackson and LA now. We could have won this game, we could have lost. I just feel like it was 50% our own doing, 25% grey shirts and 25% I-don't-know-how-to-beat-you-so-I'm-gonna-punch-you-in-the-nuts-while-you-aren't-lookin play.

crap...I'm tired. done.
    see ya'll chumps tomorrow with some sic photoshops.

13. YallMean

YallMean Member

If we win this series, I think this would be the biggest upset in the history of sports considering this is 7 game series. We are the team with a 23 million dollar gapping hole, and they are the darling of the NBA. It's the USA v USSR hockey 80 winter games, except RA doesn't look like the guy that can give a inspirational speech.

14. rodmanhust

rodmanhust Member

actually I just wanna see us cake-walking to a NBA championship, not this type of dog fights~ lol

15. YallMean

YallMean Member

Bottom of our heart we all know they've got more talents than us, but I am proud of our guys, so nothing to complain.

16. Glacier

Glacier Member

I like physical game, but not dirty plays. The Lakers are a dirty team led by a guy who doesn't respect women.

17. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

like I posted in the post-game thread...

18. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

I agree man, I can't be mad at Artest. I mean hell if they made plush dolls of Artest I would buy my little girl one. At least he let them know he won't be pushed around and Yao needs to show some fortitude next game.

19. tigereye

tigereye Member

We'll get that piece when we trade T-Mac in the offseason. His expiring contract will be appealing to ether a financially strapped team or a team looking at shoring up money for the 2010 FA's.

But in this offseason....WE WILL GET THAT "PIECE."

20. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

He respects women, I saw him give Sasha Vujacic a high five.